Morrisons Convenience Stores

I avoid them if at all possible and travel to the bigger branches, it really gets at me the way they can charge more in one store than in another, they just profit from those, like the elderly, or people with mobility issues who would find travel difficult.

• 1 month later...

yes morrisons has definately bought the blockbuster stores and are in talks for HMV etc, these are mainly going to be used for the smaller 'M' stores much the same way as tesco express are at the minute, morrisons do have their own abbatoirs and can souce all the meat they sell, it is currently the only supermarket that only sells british meat and doesnt import any, there have been NO morrisons products containing horsemeat, and in answer to parvo above, the pay is minimum wage as are most other places these days, and if people get benefits too its nothing to do with morrisons is it, they claim that from the goverment, the staff also get profit shares etc and bonus payments depending on length of service

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 00:04 ----------

morrisons is to expensive

prices rise everywhere and morrisons is no different, but they are the only store that does all year round saving schemes such as stamps and coupons that you collect and use collectively to give a certain amount off of a set price shop, also for those that dont already know...and money off coupons that you get from other stores can be used at morrisons and vice versa with the exception of the co op, if you get a money off coupon from sainsburys you can use it against your shopping in morrisons and not be tied to using sainsburys to redeem the coupon etc

---------- Post added 19-03-2013 at 00:05 ----------

also in the pipeline is online shopping btw

Now living "out in the sticks" I have a choice......

Asda...8 miles away.

Tesco..7 miles away.

Morrisons....17 miles away.

Morrisons every time for me.

Far superior produce in the butchers department.

More choice and special offers throughout the store.

Not sure a convenience store could offer the same, but I'd like to see one locally.

Doubt it will happen up here though...........

Now living "out in the sticks" I have a choice......

Asda...8 miles away.

Tesco..7 miles away.

Morrisons....17 miles away.

Morrisons every time for me.

Far superior produce in the butchers department.

More choice and special offers throughout the store.

Not sure a convenience store could offer the same, but I'd like to see one locally.

Doubt it will happen up here though...........

all the butchers are highly trained and will cut the meat as you like it, a meat order can also be placed at customer services,

Apparently they are pursuing retail opportunities in smaller units with convenience stores.

They are also in talks to buy units occupied by Blockbuster when that finally closes its stores.

Looks like we will be having more corner shops then in the shape of a big yellow "M".

i don't think that the likes of tesco and sainsburys have anything to worry about, the stock is very limited in these morrisons stores and all way overpriced.

Archived