No jobs just profits..

So bit of a non-story, foreigners making handbags for silly little ponces and lots of latte swilling asshats getting plenty of money off it. Does it affect normal people? No.

That's my point. It could be giving normal people jobs. As for the reported pre tax profits, if that's right, she wants to get new management in.

That's my point. It could be giving normal people jobs. As for the reported pre tax profits, if that's right, she wants to get new management in.

She does give normal people jobs, just some of the normal people don't live in the UK, but I imagine she employs a few in her 55 shops.

ah and those normal people in the uk would want salaries far above their skill worth and then have god know what employment and pension rights, holidays paid and maternity, unions and god knows what else mmmmm??? now what makes me think thats why AH has her products made abroad?? cant really blame her really:roll: why new management thats not a bad pre tax profit that she can pay herself in dividends for the year, take off corporation tax and that still leaves a tidy sum, hey she may not even be registered here as a company so maybe no tax to pay:suspect:

ah and those normal people in the uk would want salaries far above their skill worth and then have god know what employment and pension rights, holidays paid and maternity, unions and god knows what else mmmmm??? now what makes me think thats why AH has her products made abroad?? cant really blame her really:roll: why new management thats not a bad pre tax profit that she can pay herself in dividends for the year, take off corporation tax and that still leaves a tidy sum, hey she may not even be registered here as a company so maybe no tax to pay:suspect:

Well good for her...

We've come full circle and we're back to my original post. We should be creating craftsmen and high skilled jobs for people in this country, producing quality goods that can be sold world wide. That's exactly what we need to get back on our feet.

And this is where a government should step in. Instead of handouts, instead of punitive punishments for being unemployed, instead of allowing tax 'avoidance' and all the other crap, they should put some real effort into getting people like AH and others like her to provide jobs in UK.

Either Cameron's tax breaks for the rich and big businesses do what they're intended to do, create jobs, or his methods aren't working and we get rid of Cameron.

This proves that all the businesses are interested in, and using the generous tax breaks for, is to line their own pockets. They have no interest in Britain but are simply happy to take the money and run.

SHOCK HORROR.

Business lines its own pockets and only cares about making money.

Unless something is extremely rare and unique to the UK - things can be made cheaper abroad. Its all well and good trying to bring back manufacturing to the UK but who is buying it? What possible selling power would we have?

ANYTHING made in the UK would come with a huge price tag compared to other places.

If us citizens wont buy british what hope do we have of persuading those people abroad to buy our home made products!

I said before and say again. Ask most people to look around their house. Ask most people to look at where they are buying things from. How many of those products are british made and british owned companies.

Ask those same people if they would be prepared to change their ways and buy british with the increased cost. How many would do it?

SHOCK HORROR.

Business lines its own pockets and only cares about making money.

Unless something is extremely rare and unique to the UK - things can be made cheaper abroad. Its all well and good trying to bring back manufacturing to the UK but who is buying it? What possible selling power would we have?

ANYTHING made in the UK would come with a huge price tag compared to other places.

If us citizens wont buy british what hope do we have of persuading those people abroad to buy our home made products!

I said before and say again. Ask most people to look around their house. Ask most people to look at where they are buying things from. How many of those products are british made and british owned companies.

Ask those same people if they would be prepared to change their ways and buy british with the increased cost. How many would do it?

Our taxes are going into incentives and tax cuts for businesses to try and level the playing field, but it's not working is it? They are getting tax breaks under false pretences. It needs to stop and the money be used in other ways.

We are never going to be able to compete with workers who will work for a bowl of rice a day, so what's the point?

Our taxes are going into incentives and tax cuts for businesses to try and level the playing field, but it's not working is it? They are getting tax breaks under false pretences. It needs to stop and the money be used in other ways.

We are never going to be able to compete with workers who will work for a bowl of rice a day, so what's the point?

We do the more skilled jobs. Tax breaks etc ? Not doing the (foreign owned) car industry any harm, it's in rude health at the moment. If semi skilled workers in bongobongoland make the handbags, we make the Eco friendly cars.

Archived