No jobs just profits..

She is running a business ,and if she can source labour cheaper in another country ,then it makes financial sense to do so. You dont make a business successful by paying more than you have too for materials and labour. Its called keeping your overheads as low as possible to maximize profits.

Alternatively it is called exploitation,and some businesses are content to make acceptable profits and meet wider objectives.I know you will find this very hard to understand and probably pour the liquor from your tripe-works directly into Thurlstone Beck.How are the students lets going-see you at Blundells Auction on the Wednesday!

• 3 weeks later...

I read Kevin Maguires column in yesterdays Mirror and there was a piece about Condor Ferries in Portsmouth who employ Ukranian seamen and pay them £2.35 an hour on ferries between Portsmouth and the Channel Islands. They exploit a loophole by recruiting them abroad and they keep crews on the ship for 12 weeks, they must be making a huge profit by not having to pay the NMW.

You don't have much faith in this country do you Mr Smith..?

from another mr smith

i dont know anyone who has faith in this country now:roll: things have gone too far and too fast to change it will only get worse!

as for someone charging what the market will obviously stand i dont see the problem, maybe AH doesnt want the hassle of dealing with bolshy british workers??? just a thought?

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 18:07 ----------

also to be fair beautiful hand made products like these bags need nimble little far east fingers to do the intricate work, not great big sausage fingers from uk workers:hihi::hihi:

I read Kevin Maguires column in yesterdays Mirror and there was a piece about Condor Ferries in Portsmouth who employ Ukranian seamen and pay them £2.35 an hour on ferries between Portsmouth and the Channel Islands. They exploit a loophole by recruiting them abroad and they keep crews on the ship for 12 weeks, they must be making a huge profit by not having to pay the NMW.
wait while you get the "why cant our dolies do that job" brigade on here :hihi:

She is running a business ,and if she can source labour cheaper in another country ,then it makes financial sense to do so. You dont make a business successful by paying more than you have too for materials and labour. Its called keeping your overheads as low as possible to maximize profits.

thats why everything costs so much nowadays GREED

GREED IS GOOD:o its what makes the world go round always has always will, winners & losers, human nature is to be competitive and strive for more...greed pure and simple.

Greed is very divisive but sharing is inclusive and reduces conflict-have you actually read "the wealth of nations "written by your namesake?

One thing has always puzzled me.

If all the jobs go overseas whose going to afford to buy the goods here?

No jobs = little or no money= no purchases.

Strange old world innit?

Well done, you've grasped why there is no growth in the British economy, and why we are in and out of recession.

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 23:37 ----------

Like I keep on saying, Capitalism is only good when you are on the winning side.

We are no longer on the winning side...

Archived