Why is there more snow in the countryside?

Probably because cities and towns are a bit warmer than the countryside near them (heat from traffic, buildings and people).

Also, the traffic tends to churn up the snow whereas you get great swathes of countryside eg fields) without any traffic, so it stays intact.

Higher ground and slightly cooler.

It's a bit sad but at the beginning of the ski season I used to watch the webcams in the ski areas and you could see snowfall start high in the mountains and watch over the weeks as it started to fall lower and lower down the mountain.

Me and a friend having a small argument :D could anyone shed any more light on the matter, I looked online but couldn't find much.

What was your opinion as to why there was more snow in the countryside, and what was your friend`s opine?

What was your opinion as to why there was more snow in the countryside, and what was your friend`s opine?

Just wondering...read this word "opine" on other threads.

Is there a difference between "opinions please" and "opines please".

Or...is it laziness .

Back on topic.....it snows more in the countryside.

I'm sure many of us listen to weather forecasts...

Tomorrows expected temperatures are often quoted as "x degrees..colder in rural areas"

Err...rural is countryside.

Colder =snow.

Archived