Can anyone tell me how long before wedding did you see your dress?

It was 10 weeks till my wedding yesterday, i've still not seen my dress though.

I ordered it from the bridal shop in september!

They said it would arrive in jan, but then i phoned them on the 31st and they said it could be a couple more weeks as it 'might' be coming from america.

My mum phone a bit ago and they said sometime in feb now.

If anyone can tell me how long before the wedding they got their dress so i know whats normal that would be great.

Still gotta have the alterations done and stuff :-S

Mine was a sample so picked it 9 months before and had fitting 6 weeks and 1 week before the wedding after alterations. I was always told to have it ordered at least 9months before as they usually take 6 months to get in and then you need time for alterations. I'm sure it will be fine but normally you should have it by now and be doing alterations if needed..I'd give them a ring and get a definite date from them. Do you know who's doing the alterations? Make sure they know you plan to have some so they have time :)

Hi my wedding is in may and I ordered my dress around September/ October time. My dress arrived in the shop last week but I've not seen in yet, they told me I didn't need to book in for my fitting until around 6 to 8 weeks before so think you'll be fine. As long as its on its way!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived