Help with finding acoustic gigs

tgallagher

I'm just starting to play my own stuff in Sheffield having played quite a bit in Amsterdam over the last couple of years, and am looking for somewhere to play. Just me and my guitar, I've got about 45 minutes of my own songs, kind of folky. Any ideas? Thank you! :) There's a few songs on myspace.com/terrygallagheramsterdam if you're interested!

Cheers, Terry x

Hiya Terry.

If you're on facebook, send a message to Carl Haag from Pocket Satellite & tell him Jack's Rake told you to get in touch. He runs a monthly open mic style thing for invited acts at the Red Deer in town. You'll fit in well there and it could lead to other bookings.

If you're not on FB you could try contacting him via Pocket Satellite's page on Myspace.

You'd also be welcome to play a guest spot at one of our local pub gigs if you wanting to get yourself heard but I'm guessing, from what I've heard on myspace, that you won't be needing to...

Finally, on the 29th March (Friday) we're running a session at the Riverside as part of the Sheffield Sessions Festival. This will be an anything goes, take your turn / join in with others style session & you'd be very welcome to come & sing a few songs.

ETA:

Myspace is rubbish, by the way. Get yourself on reverbnation and facebook if you aren't already...

Archived