Hoban Street Attercliffe

NANNY

I've marked Hoban Street on this old map..:).

.I guess the houses must have been of the back-to-back or "court" type, as Kelly's directories (for some reason I've never understood) didn't list the occupants of such houses. So my old directories just show two shopkeepers, Sarah Elizabeth Southern and Nellie Towle at Nos. 2 and 13 Hoban Street.

.I guess the houses must have been of the back-to-back or "court" type, as Kelly's directories (for some reason I've never understood) didn't list the occupants of such houses. So my old directories just show two shopkeepers, Sarah Elizabeth Southern and Nellie Towle at Nos. 2 and 13 Hoban Street.

Thank you so much for the map:) Just want to find out now when it ceased to exist

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 20:29 ----------

It was Hoban Street, without the 'e' by the way, I'm not editing my post again.

Thats fine do you know if I go to central library I will be able to access it later about 1920/30 to see if the family im after is still living there:help:

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Better that old map I can now place it I went to school at St Charles

... do you know if I go to central library I will be able to access it later about 1920/30 to see if the family im after is still living there...
The Local Studies Library (First Floor) will have electoral rolls from that period, from which you should be able to see the occupants of Hoban Street. The 1911 census lists 20 households there..:)

Archived