A carer who never claimed carer's allowance!

So sorry for your loss blondie.

The system is impossibly hard when you can devote your full attention I can't imagine how hard it would have been for you.

Sometimes people forget that life carries on around you, and while you are drowning under the pressure of caring for someone so precious life keeps adding to those pressures.

Maybe we should think how we would feel having to explain why i.e. the tv licence is late because our child needed xyz or the rent is late etc.

I am quite speechless at your callous remark.

The lady has tirelessly cared for her daughter and devoted herself more than any paid carer could that would have cost ten times more than she could claim.

It is only people who have never known real financial hardship that can scoff at others who are FORCED to think about money, when that is the last thing they want to be thinking about. Do you get it?

Are you one of the Daily Mail readers who believe that all benefits claimants are scroungers? She's that much of a scrounger that she hasn't even been claiming for what she is definitely entitled to. In that sense, she's got a lot in common with the majority of people in this country who actually don't claim what they are entitled to. Not like our bloody MPs, who want us to turn on the poor and label them scroungers!

First of all I haven’t scoffed at anyone. Yes you are right there are thousands of people who care for loved one's without claiming or getting the correct benefits. I fall into that category and will continue to-do so. That’s my choice for whatever reasons. This is a forum and when someone starts a thread then they must know they’re inviting opinions from others.

BLondie..my heart goes out to you...ignore those horrible horrible horrible people..they should hang their heads in shame...or at least go and crawl back under that shell that they came from..good luck for the future...and walk tall in the knowledge that you did your very best..

First of all I haven’t scoffed at anyone. Yes you are right there are thousands of people who care for loved one's without claiming or getting the correct benefits. I fall into that category and will continue to-do so. That’s my choice for whatever reasons. This is a forum and when someone starts a thread then they must know they’re inviting opinions from others.
so if you knew that you could claim extra benefits to help you out would you claim them ?

Yes I did start a thread which invites opinions from others.

To imply I was only concerned with money after losing her stung a lot and I did have a good cry in bed last night.My fault I guess.I wish I was financially stable so I can grieve in peace,but were not so I carn't.

Yes I did start a thread which invites opinions from others.

To imply I was only concerned with money after losing her stung a lot and I did have a good cry in bed last night.My fault I guess.I wish I was financially stable so I can grieve in peace,but were not so I carn't.

It must be a really difficult time for you, losing a much loved child. Try and ignore the insensitive comments, unfortunately some people are completely incapable of understanding anything they haven't experienced.

Hopefully they will never experience what you've gone through.

Archived