Ordinary people should know their place!

In the same interview IDS said that people on Workfare aren't unpaid, they are 'paid' Jobseeker's Allowance. Putting aside the obvious point that JSA isn't a wage it's a benefit everyone who needs it can claim to keep themselves alive and warm (if just barely) whilst they are looking for a job and the fact that you can get it whether or not you are on Workfare, surely if IDS thinks that this is the 'wage' of those forced onto Workfare then surely the Government and he in particular are in breach of the statutory minimum wage legislation?

Whilst the children of the plebs should be grateful for getting the chance to work at Poundland for free,

"...it was revealed that internships with City hedge funds were sold to wealthy Tories’ children for thousands of pounds to raise cash for the party.

At the Conservatives’ Black and White Party, millionaire Tory supporters paid around £3,000 each for their children to have the golden chance of spending a week or two with a number of top finance companies and banks. If they do well and win a full-time job, they could join the ranks of City tycoons who earn multi-million pound bonuses."

As reported in the normally loyal Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356469/Cash-internships-Tory-backers-pay-2k-time-buy-children-work-experience.html

Individuals are worth what they are worth. The government(s) have blame for importing foreigners, individuals have blame for not being able to outperform those foreigners.

Way forward, get rid of a lot of the foreigners, stop paying a penny for non working people who breed and get back to a decent carry on for British people and those from abroad who actually want to be British.

Individuals are worth the value bestowed upon them by parents, school, society, employers. They should not be a commodity.

What would you envisage happening to the non-working people who breed if they have no State income? I agree that something needs to be done to stem the huge cost of benefits spent on the feckless but how does this compare with tax avoidance and big bankers bonuses for losing tax-payers money?

It's easy to knock those who have little or nothing but who are the real criminals, morally if not legally?

Individuals are worth the value bestowed upon them by parents, school, society, employers. They should not be a commodity.

What would you envisage happening to the non-working people who breed if they have no State income? I agree that something needs to be done to stem the huge cost of benefits spent on the feckless but how does this compare with tax avoidance and big bankers bonuses for losing tax-payers money?

It's easy to knock those who have little or nothing but who are the real criminals, morally if not legally?

Unfortunately the morally disabled are the financially rewarded under this government.

Individuals are worth what someone will pay them for their work, or a company will pay them on contract, or what they can generate by getting off their ass and working for themselves. I have no time for the idle.

Individuals are worth what someone will pay them for their work, or a company will pay them on contract, or what they can generate by getting off their ass and working for themselves. I have no time for the idle.

You assume that everyone had an equal start in life. Should we abandon the weak or disabled because they cannot compete with able-bodied people? Should we stop paying maternity benefit as pregnant women and women with young children should be able to support themselves? Should we turn our backs on assylim seekers because they are not able to compete effectively without support from the State?

IDS might be wrong about the woman who won her case, but he is right on the wider point. I start work in a large office building when all the cleaning staff are still there. Of the half dozen cleaners I see everyday, not one of them is English or British. Why is such work not beneath our foreign citizens, yet millions of Brits are on the dole? If more Brits were prepared to do low skilled low paid work the dole queue would be shorter and we wouldn't need as many foreign workers. But why bother why you can claim your benefits for far less effort.

You assume that everyone had an equal start in life. Should we abandon the weak or disabled because they cannot compete with able-bodied people? Should we stop paying maternity benefit as pregnant women and women with young children should be able to support themselves? Should we turn our backs on assylim seekers because they are not able to compete effectively without support from the State?

I would make all child related benefits contributory only, but yes clearly we need to look after those British people who cannot look after themselves. As for foreigners, I think we have enough issues here without taking on the worlds problems.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 23:01 ----------

Meanwhile back on Planet Earth...

Your planet earth where we import loads of foreign labour for buttons and pay our "less able" to sit on their ass? Because that is working so well isn't it?

I would make all child related benefits contributory only, but yes clearly we need to look after those British people who cannot look after themselves. As for foreigners, I think we have enough issues here without taking on the worlds problems.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 23:01 ----------

Your planet earth where we import loads of foreign labour for buttons and pay our "less able" to sit on their ass? Because that is working so well isn't it?

This country needs more log deliverers to push back the tide of imports and get economic growth racing again!:hihi:

Archived