Ordinary people should know their place!

Do you agree with the situation you describe ?

Sorry.. (Where's the embarrassed icon when you need it..):roll:

Do I think it's good that we have nurses unemployed - no of course not. It's not that we don't need them in hospitals, just that there isn't the money to pay for them. Instead they are employing nursing assistants who are unqualified but cheaper.

As for the doctor situation I think it is extremely short sighted.

But there's no doubt our universities are filling up with foreign students because the fees are putting off the locals. They have to get their funding where they can so it's foreign students or none at all.

Part of the women in questions degree was paid for by the tax payer, Pound land could not add to her CV so give her some work experience in a job relating to her degree.

Thing is lots (and I mean lots) of people do not end up in a job relating to their degree. A degree isn't a licence to work in your own desired field for the rest of your life whilst expecting the taxpayer to pay you if those jobs are not around.

Thing is lots (and I mean lots) of people do not end up in a job relating to their degree. A degree isn't a licence to work in your own desired field for the rest of your life whilst expecting the taxpayer to pay you if those jobs are not around.

Where does it say anywhere that Cait Reilly expected to volunteer at the museum for the rest of her life while claiming JSA?

Looks like you're just making things up. :hihi:

Where does it say anywhere that Cait Reilly expected to volunteer at the museum for the rest of her life while claiming JSA?

Looks like you're just making things up. :hihi:

Why should she get to carry on volunteering in a museum just because that's what she likes whilst taking taxpayer money to do so, whilst others are taking whatever jobs are going because it will bring money in and pay the bills.

Having a degree isn't a qualified right to work in that field, the jobs need to be there. The fact that she has a degree and working in a museum fits with that degree is a non-argument, lots of people hold jobs that are nothing to do with their degree.

Why should she get to carry on volunteering in a museum just because that's what she likes whilst taking taxpayer money to do so, whilst others are taking whatever jobs are going because it will bring money in and pay the bills.

Having a degree isn't a qualified right to work in that field, the jobs need to be there. The fact that she has a degree and working in a museum fits with that degree is a non-argument, lots of people hold jobs that are nothing to do with their degree.

She is more likely to get a job in her chosen field with experience of working in a museum than working in Poundland, that's a no brainer.

Making her work in Poundland when she's already working sounds like spite to me.

I have a friend who is an ENT doctor unable to get a job, 150 applicants last year for 35 jobs. Why are we training these doctors if there aren't the positions out there.

But back to IDS for someone to claim £39 for a breakfast - YES A BREAKFAST through his MPs expenses when he's expecting people to work 30 hours a week for their JSA is an absolute disgrace.

Archived