Who Is Going To Look After Us When We Are Old?

All this talk of caps and CAPS on this and that means that many old folk will just die. With no support.

Apart from the NHS. Which is falling apart from old people.

Do you really think you might see past 65 now?

And what kind of rubbish life will you have?

All the Tories on here will be OK and the rest of us might as well die.

Opines?

What's wrong with people looking after themselves?

Wow, here's a new concept. Planning and providing for your OWN future. Saving and investing to ensure you leave something for the needs of yourself and your loved ones when you get old. Taking out appropraite insurance/cover/pension/funding to provide necessary care for yourself and others in need. Families taking their own responsibilty in providing for the needs of their parents/relatives/siblings in later life.

Why is there always this assumption its someone else's problem.

I don't imagine that I will survive that long if I'm honest If by some amazing stroke of luck I manage to evade the cancer again when it strikes then I'll just have to sell my house to pay for it all, since I don't have children to inherit it or put up with me in my dotage anyway.

With a bit of luck I'll survive until my mortgage is paid off, which is in 5 years' time, and then I will at least be able to sell the place if I need funds for nursing or home helps.

Wow, here's a new concept. Planning and providing for your OWN future. Saving and investing to ensure you leave something for the needs of yourself and your loved ones when you get old. Taking out appropraite insurance/cover/pension/funding to provide necessary care for yourself and others in need. Families taking their own responsibilty in providing for the needs of their parents/relatives/siblings in later life.

:rolleyes:But that would mean some people would have to stop smoking and pisssing their money up the wall, saving for old age is for mugs, after all it’s the governments job to pay for someone to wipe my arse when I can't do it for myself. :D

OK. That is an excellent idea. When are the government going to remove the massive burden of taxation that allows us to do that? When will be allowed to keep enough of our own money to help us through retirement?

The average person now does not finish paying their massive TORY tax burden now until late June!!! We are only allowed to keep HALF of OUR OWN MONEY!:rant:

So...how can anyone save?

Simple...............

We are TAXED and FORCED to pay for these these things by default.

This is why people have come to depend on them as their "rights" in the UK.

The fact that the "state" (whoever they may be) are now defaulting on their promise of pensions and healthcare and looking after the less "fortunate" in society is NOT and probably will never be offset by a reduction of 'user input'.

I fork out about 30-40% (IT & NI) of my income before I even get it in the hope that that payment will assure that I'm ok if I fall on hard times..

Now... If that catch net isn't there, then why should I (or you) pay anything?

And before we go down the "It's only NI" route, then why do people say "I dont want my TAXES paying for..........."

Simple...............

We are TAXED and FORCED to pay for these these things by default.

This is why people have come to depend on them as their "rights" in the UK.

The fact that the "state" (whoever they may be) are now defaulting on their promise of pensions and healthcare and looking after the less "fortunate" in society is NOT and probably will never be offset by a reduction of 'user input'.

I fork out about 30-40% (IT & NI) of my income before I even get it in the hope that that payment will assure that I'm ok if I fall on hard times..

Now... If that catch net isn't there, then why should I (or you) pay anything?

And before we go down the "It's only NI" route, then why do people say "I dont want my TAXES paying for..........."

Ok I understand that. We all pay taxes.

But if this is supposed to be about fairness and equality of government provision answer me this.

Bear in mind we are ALL taxed throughout our lives even on private pensions.

Why is it person A who has been thrifty, not got into debt, maybe has invested in some property and/or paid off their mortgage who suddenly is requiring care is FORCED to sell up to pay for their fees until all the said assets have run out.

When person B who has been spend spend spend, never saved anything, maybe run up a few debts, never bothered to buy property and be a council tenant who also requires care then pays nothing gets all their care for free?

Same care home. Same service. Same treatment.

One person forced to pay out of their assets. One person not.

Fair??

But if this is supposed to be about fairness and equality of government provision answer me this.

Why is it person A who has been thrifty, not got into debt, maybe has invested in some property and/or paid off their mortgage who suddenly is requiring care is FORCED to sell up to pay for their fees until all the said assets have run out.

When person B who has been spend spend spend, never saved anything, maybe run up a few debts, never bothered to buy property and be a council tenant who also requires care then pays nothing gets all their care for free?

Fair??

Again... Simple....

Person B has paid their taxes as they go (and probably at a higher rate too)

Think about it... they have you stiched up which ever way you go.

Fair?

Depends on your outlook?

Fair??

The person who has spent all his/her money has stimulated the economy with his cash. The miser has only fed the bankers.

Archived