New car-registering

Charlie-boy,

I assume you were the one that retained the "bit of paper" that was signed by both of you.

You don`t need to take section 6 to the post office. My advice is to photo-copy this section 6 first, then send it to DVLA using recorded delivery-DVLA sometimes claim not to have received documents ;)

Do keep in mind that when the tax runs out, you still have to tax the car (& display the disc) to legally park on the road (even if you are not driving it). Safer parked on a drive a course.

Sent it recorded but didnt photo copy it :/

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 18:40 ----------

Its on my drive. Taxed until end of month. Just sorting insurnace. Section 6 has been sent off to dvla! God its a whirlwind!!!!! Test is in 5 weeks. Dont know whether to 'sorn' it or get insurance as a provision driver! My minds boggled!!

Sent it recorded but didnt photo copy it :/

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 18:40 ----------

Its on my drive. Taxed until end of month. Just sorting insurnace. Section 6 has been sent off to dvla! God its a whirlwind!!!!! Test is in 5 weeks. Dont know whether to 'sorn' it or get insurance as a provision driver! My minds boggled!!

Welcome to the "joys" of car ownership:D

Even if you get it pre booked in at the MOT station, do not drive it there without insurance (better to insure it for one day) :thumbsup:

Archived