To All Dog Owners..

Doom

So she's not always on the lead... And it's entirely possible that she will notice another dog or person before you do (likely in fact as she's got better senses). However she may well not be interested, which is good.

Good. That doesn't mean she won't one day decide to do her own thing.

I completely agree.

If I have my parents dog on the lead and that happened then he's likely to snap at them. If he's on the lead it's because I've seen them first and put him on it. It's not an invitation to come and play.

You're lucky then.

But I think you've answered my question, she isn't always on the lead.

You never asked if she was always on the lead.

You describe the very reasons a dog should be kept on a lead by printing that load of rubbish.:roll::roll::roll::roll:.

I am a dog owner and don't see any reason to allow my do to cause upset to others.

Agreed 100 %.

I've two dogs, albeit Border terriers, but as far as I'm concerned they come SECOND to any human. Dogs don't pay council tax so should NOT have "right of way" in a public park..... Folk who think otherwise are no better than their uncontrollable dog.

The end !

There speaks the voice of a true dog owner.

Could i just add to others if you don't like dogs then move your arses out of the way. We have as much right to walk in a controlled manner on footpaths and trails as you and your buggies and squealing kids on pushbikes.

Why should we be expected to move or stop and wait.?

Perhaps it would be good manners,and why mention peoples' bottoms-rather rude if you ask me.They are footpaths,not pawpaths!

Who said I hate dogs? I just don't see the point in them and don't want them jumping up at me with mud on their paws. Is there something wrong with that?

If I find that disgusting, there really isn't much you or anyone can do about it is there? :D

I think it was quite clear when you called them stinking creatures.

If you don't want them jumping up at you with muddy paws then don't go to places where you are likley to encounter dogs with muddy paws.

If you find it disgusting, there isn't much that I can do about it - and why would I want to? You are entitled to your opinion, it's just that not everybody want's to hear it.

[/b]

You never asked if she was always on the lead.

I asked how she got exercise, and the answer was by being allowed off the lead.

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 13:51 ----------

People shouldn't really let their dogs off the lead if they don't recall when shouted. It's can be a frightening experience for someone having a dog of any size running towards them.

Two different scenarios again.

A dog that doesn't recall is not automatically running towards someone.

I've got a dog, She is well training and 99 out of 100 times does exactly what I tell her to. I let her off the lead, usually at 5:30am when i'm walking her in the or in the evening if it's quiet. I wouldn't let her off the lead in a park when there are children around or if it was busy. It's not worth the risk. At the end of the day, she's a dog, and no amount of training or me knowing what she's like means that one day she won't do something out of character.

Completely agree with the last paragraph.

Agreed 100 %.

I've two dogs, albeit Border terriers, but as far as I'm concerned they come SECOND to any human. Dogs don't pay council tax so should NOT have "right of way" in a public park..... Folk who think otherwise are no better than their uncontrollable dog.

The end !

Students don't pay council tax either, should they give way to you, but have equal priority with dogs?

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 13:55 ----------

The answer was on and off the lead thanks for confirming my last post to you.

And so the dog owner who you were telling never to let his dog (puppy actually) off the lead. How do you propose that his dog gets exercise?

Archived