How do you get to be this clever?

Because it normal for humans to think about things even before there is evidence that such a thing is possible, I think it has something to do with intelligence and imagination.

To think about is not to conclude.

It's definitely not intelligent to reach conclusions in he absence of evidence.

To think about is not to conclude.

It's definitely not intelligent to reach conclusions in he absence of evidence.

:huh:

What is it with these silly word games every time I post, and I didn't say anything about conclude anyway.

It’s not a new idea; science is just starting to find the evidence that might support what many people have always thought.

Minute Physics on Youtube is a great way to get your head around complicated physics concepts in a simple way.

thanks - i'll have a look at that when i get a minute - i know i've always had a problem with physics/chemistry type things - my brain's just not wired up that way

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 11:05 ----------

You need a good natural ability at maths and then a lot of study.

never stood a chance then!

I've no idea how they get to be this clever. However, whilst researching major projects such as this, they stumbled upon mobile phones, mp3 players, self parking hatch-backs and cillit bang, so they have my eternal gratitude. :D

I think it's just amazing what the human brain is capable of.

I would think a lot of hard work and dedication is involved too.

I've no idea how they get to be this clever. However, whilst researching major projects such as this, they stumbled upon mobile phones, mp3 players, self parking hatch-backs and cillit bang, so they have my eternal gratitude. :D

None of those things came out of esoteric maths or high energy physics.

The mp3 would be the closest, but they were studying compression specifically, not looking for the Higgs Boson at the LHC.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 21:36 ----------

And some insight/gut instinct just like Einstein had.

He had a most unusual brain structure actually. Quite interesting.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 21:39 ----------

:huh:

What is it with these silly word games every time I post, and I didn't say anything about conclude anyway.

You're making out that science is just 'catching up' with an idea that many people have had (and that it wasn't just a fanciful daydream).

Random speculation about how the universe works is just that, the fact that some people have mentioned bubble doesn't make them some sort of idiot savant who could see how things really were before the 'scientists' could gather enough evidence to actually figure it out.

Or maybe I read more into your comment than you meant.

The maths that predicted the possibility of the expanding bubble of spacetime has existed for a long time, what didn't exist was any evidence for the mass of the HB, which is key to plugging into that maths to make the prediction.

Archived