Are we nearing the beginning of the end?

Will humans still be forging ahead in 500 years time?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will humans still be forging ahead in 500 years time?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Yes I think we'll still be around.

We've survived wars, the black death and Margaret Thatcher...

We shouldn't be complacent, but I back man's ingenuity to meet just about any challenge. We might not like the solutions he comes up with, but the instinct for survival is very strong.

We've been knocking about on this planet for quite a while now. Do you think we'll still be going strong in 500 years time or do you give the human race (in current or increased numbers) more or less time here?

Personally i give us less. I dont believe the planet can take the 3rd world countries becoming 1st world consumers like us.

In 500 years time, i think the Human race will be still around but not quite as it is now. I suspect that a massive cut in the word population will take place before then, probably as a result of some kind of pandemic disease.

Mother nature has a tendency to remind civilizations just who is in charge and periodically gives them a bit of a slap. Humans cant carry on in the manner that it is going now without serious repercussions.

I suspect that such a world changing event might just be what humans need to change for the better.

I almost certainly won't be here in sixty years. I frankly couldn't give a monkeys if humans are still here in five hundred years.

I intend to thoroughly enjoy my life and all the driving, foreign holidays and general misbehaviour that entails.

Humans will still be around but life will be very different.

Places which have generally stable societies at the moment will not have in the future.

Let me tell you, when people are battling for food and warmth, hedgefunds, shares, 0% interest on purchases over £400 won't matter.

There'll certainly be a point in future when they look back and say, "Jesus, all they had to worry about was not having their bins collected once a week and that libraries were closing?"

In 500 years time, i think the Human race will be still around but not quite as it is now. I suspect that a massive cut in the word population will take place before then, probably as a result of some kind of pandemic disease.

Mother nature has a tendency to remind civilizations just who is in charge and periodically gives them a bit of a slap. Humans cant carry on in the manner that it is going now without serious repercussions.

I suspect that such a world changing event might just be what humans need to change for the better.

I agree. Us modern humans think we have it all tied up but we don't know what old Mother Nature has in store for us. Nobody predicted that meteor in Russia or the tsunami in thailand. These were small scale but we would be foolish to assume they were the best she'd got!

But aside from natural disasters what with the billions in the developing world wanting a portion of the limited resources that we in the developed world have got used to claiming for our own.....the maths doesn't work. And like any animal when humans get desperate they start to fight. And humans have devices of war that can wipe out the world. Oops!

Archived