Charged over £14 for a custom charge ?

Im really starting to hate this, i came home today to yet another customs charge for nearly £18, thing is i dont think ive knowingly bought anything from another country.

I do have a few things to come, but thought they were all UK based :suspect:

The 2 items i think it could be

a vic20 game off ebay from funnily enough somebody in sheffield (cost £4.99 and £1.99 postage)

or Orbitals latest album on signed vinyl off pledgemusic, now i dont know where this is coming from i wouldve assumed britain, as theyre a british band but this ones the most likely culprit :(

Cost £22 if i remember right PLUS postage, so with that charge it will have cost more than £40 :o

It says after 21 days it goes back to sender, would this be worth trying, and contact the sender to send again? would it miss a charge the second time? LOL

Im really starting to hate this, i came home today to yet another customs charge for nearly £18, thing is i dont think ive knowingly bought anything from another country.

a vic20 game off ebay from funnily enough somebody in sheffield (cost £4.99 and £1.99 postage)

or Orbitals latest album on signed vinyl off pledgemusic, now i dont know where this is coming from i wouldve assumed britain, as theyre a british band but this ones the most likely culprit :(

Cost £22 if i remember right PLUS postage, so with that charge it will have cost more than £40 :o

It says after 21 days it goes back to sender, would this be worth trying, and contact the sender to send again? would it miss a charge the second time? LOL

Who is the charge from, a courier company? If it ask them for POD, date, time, senders name, the works. It might clear it up on what is if nothing else.

Being nosey I had a look at Pledge Music, the FAQ had a certain US vibe, terms such as 'shipping' rather that postage. That's all I could see to indicate where they are based.

Like you at first glance I would have assumed UK based.

Being nosey I had a look at Pledge Music, the FAQ had a certain US vibe, terms such as 'shipping' rather that postage. That's all I could see to indicate where they are based.

Reading their privacy policy their compliance representatives can be called on

(914) 222-5719

which looks like an American phone number..

PledgeMusic is a UK company:

*Contacting PledgeMusic: If you have any questions about this privacy policy, please contact us. You may also reach us by mail at “Pledge Music, 22 Endell Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9AD

When placing an order, it clearly asks destination and quotes delivery charges after that.

PledgeMusic is a UK company:

*Contacting PledgeMusic: If you have any questions about this privacy policy, please contact us. You may also reach us by mail at “Pledge Music, 22 Endell Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9AD

When placing an order, it clearly asks destination and quotes delivery charges after that.

They also have an address in New York

PledgeMusic

265 Canal Street

Suite 602

New York, NY 10013