Usps/parcelforce "Awaiting Customs Charging"?

Since Monday the tracking has been showing "awaiting custom charging", I'm wondering how long still would it take till I could have my parcel in my hand? It's already more than 2 weeks since seller posted it..... Last time I got a parcel in 4 days only.

18-02-2013 10:49 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging

12-02-2013 14:58 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

12-02-2013 14:57 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

12-02-2013 14:20 International Hub Received and processed

12-02-2013 09:25 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

12-02-2013 09:24 International Hub Received in destination country

06-02-2013 13:41 Delivery Agent - NEW YORK -PTT Forwarded for export

Edited by missvan

Yes. I've had a couple of things from the states and their customs always seems to take a while to process.

Also be prepared for a card through your door from RM. They'll kindly pay any import duty for you and then expect it back with an £8 charge on top.

I've got it back on a couple of occasions by arguing that by paying the charge and expecting it back with interest, they've put me into an unauthorised credit agreement of which they aren't an accredited lender therefore have broken the law, effectively making them a loan-shark.

Yep if you can ship with Fed Ex, they're much better with the customs.

If you do get charged they'll pay it, but still send the item on with the customs bill.

They try and charge you a tenner for the privaledge, but send them the money for customs and say you refuse to pay their charge and they'll accept it.

Yes. I've had a couple of things from the states and their customs always seems to take a while to process.

Also be prepared for a card through your door from RM. They'll kindly pay any import duty for you and then expect it back with an £8 charge on top.

I've got it back on a couple of occasions by arguing that by paying the charge and expecting it back with interest, they've put me into an unauthorised credit agreement of which they aren't an accredited lender therefore have broken the law, effectively making them a loan-shark.

Oh.....would they just charge according to the written value? or open the parcel and check the real value of the item?

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 18:13 ----------

Yep if you can ship with Fed Ex, they're much better with the customs.

If you do get charged they'll pay it, but still send the item on with the customs bill.

They try and charge you a tenner for the privaledge, but send them the money for customs and say you refuse to pay their charge and they'll accept it.

I had no choice,most of the American sellers use only usps.......

Oh.....would they just charge according to the written value? or open the parcel and check the real value of the item?

Usually it's declared value.

My package was opened by US Customs for inspection after it was determined as 'suspect' by x-ray.

I had something sent from states last Christmas. It was held at customs and then sent to Rotherham at the sorting office where is was held again for 3 weeks without me being notified. You usually get a card with charges wrote on and all bits and bobs to collect , but I got nothing only the track and trace through website.

I ended up going and getting my item with having to prove who I was and all that sort of lark and a fist of cash as I had no clue of the charges.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 20:40 ----------

Australia is best.

I ordered an Aussie desert camo smock from plat-a-tack on Monday and was wearing it on Wednesday !