Shocking Sexism

It depends to whom you're saying it and what relationship you have with that person.

say you like touching their massive bazzongas?

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 20:23 ----------

I couldn't say it to my boss

nor mine, hes a bloke :o

he has big hair tho and pink / purple shirts :suspect:

Women have the right to leave their jobs? Whatever next? Men on the other hand are forced into paid employment until the day they die. It's PC gone mad.

You are missing the point. Up until recently women who left work to have a child left work. full stop.

This was wrong and quite rightly the laws were changed to allow maternity leave, paid, semi paid or unpaid depending on the length.

However, could it not be argued that an employer having to hold a post open for anything up to a whole year with no gurantee that the employee would come back is fair?

Its not maternity pay I object to but I do feel there should be some agreement between employer and employee as to when and how they will be coming back. The laws are all sided for the employees. There is no obligation on them to commit to anything. The mother could after 12 months decide they only now want to come back a few days a week or term time only and again the laws would allow for that - leaving the employer to deal with the hole.

Fathers at present get 2 weeks paid leave and very little support for any longer. Yes there is talk about balancing out the remainder of the leave and offering this to be transferred to a father but at the minute it is just that. talk.

Equality for both sexes? Fair and balanced for the needs of employer and employee?

Actually, ECCOnoob does have a point there. I'd love to see more equal balance in parental leave allowances. It would be great if men started lobbying for equal paternity rights and were more willing to take the hit on salary and career progression that is almost inevitable with taking time off to bring up children. It would go a long way to reducing the pay gap.

Women can take maternity leave for up to 12 months with an option never to go back if they so choose. They can argue they need term time only, flexible working, reduced or compressed hours all without little reasoning or rights for an employer.

A quick browse on the gov.uk website seems to suggest that asking for flexible working etc for childcare reasons is allowed for any carer/parent not just women.

Archived