Monthly payment gas - what supplier ?

Hello,

I want to go from the pre payment gas meter to the monthly bill gas because the pre payment is screwing me over nicely.

so I asking you what supplier do you recommend cause I know only the british gas company.

Any other tips by pickin up a new gas supplier ?

I changed from a pre-payment meter and went over to E-on for gas.

I dont pay by DD and have a card which I can use at any pay point and pay in a regular amount of £20 every fortnight. The amount I pay is not fixed by E-on and up to me.

I then get a bill every 3 months detailing the payments made and the balance (if any) to pay.

Cheaper than pre-payment and without the hassle of taking out a Direct Debit, but I'm not sure if E-on are the cheapest but it suits me for convenience.

Maybe give them a ring.

PS I also get a prompt payment discount of 3%.

• 1 month later...

Do NOT use utility warehouse! They are a bunch of crooked conmen!!! And certainly dont call the 0844 number. This is what they do.....

First 2 bills cheap

Third bill bang! £380 for gas???

My next highest gas bill to this was £200 less! So what did i do..

Pay my electric, broadband, daughters mobile, home phone and told them to check my meter because it was wrong. They disconnected my broadband mobile and home phone because of my gas?? Fuming i spent nearly 3 hours on 3 calls constantly being put on hold finally getting it sorted. Vodafone bill came on friday the 3 calls cost me £90!! Fuming!! I am now changing everything back and Not paying them anything. The battle of them trying to get money out of me will be great fun! Dont change to these people! The grass is not greener and nothing is never as good as it sounds! Phew glad thats off my chest :)

We use First utility for Gas and electric. Monthly bills claimed by DD.

You pay them on time, you get big cheques/refunds back from them at the end of the year as part of their loyalty scheme.

Probably works out just as expensive as any other, but not had any issues and like the monthly bill part.

Jim

Archived