Need help to get a job

Need a job someone help

Call in to Sheffield futures reception and ask to see a careers adviser, they are non judgmental and aappreciate many young people are new to this, you may get a better response than some folk on this forum!

STAR HOUSE

DIVISION STREET

Near the o2 store

open access mon-fri 10-4pm

good luck and dont give up

It's no wonder youngsters struggle to get jobs when there are people like Sheffdancer saying we're too hard on them.

Unless somebody tells the kids where they're going wrong (ie, need to give the required amount of information, and all other relevant details) they'll never improve and will always struggle.

This country has gone soft and people are too easily upset and that's the major problem !!

It's no wonder youngsters struggle to get jobs when there are people like Sheffdancer saying we're too hard on them.

Unless somebody tells the kids where they're going wrong (ie, need to give the required amount of information, and all other relevant details) they'll never improve and will always struggle.

This country has gone soft and people are too easily upset and that's the major problem !!

Everyone has to be mollycoddled and hand held these days, its ridiculous. I always thought good parenting was about bringing your children up to be well rounded individuals, making sure they can get on in the world, ie setting them up for adulthood! Seems I'm very wrong :)

Everyone has to be mollycoddled and hand held these days, its ridiculous. I always thought good parenting was about bringing your children up to be well rounded individuals, making sure they can get on in the world, ie setting them up for adulthood! Seems I'm very wrong :)

I couldn't agree more !!!

At which point in my post did I say people are too hard on these kids...I am simply offering guidance on where to get PROFESSIONAL non-judgmental support, we do not know this kid from Adam, he may have been wrapped up in cotton wool all his life...he may not have ever had the support or guidance etc. His parents may not know how the work/college system works now as t has changed drastically. Therefore seeking professional guidance is the best place for this young person to go.

Once again folk of today sticking their noses in and being judgmental.

At which point in my post did I say people are too hard on these kids...I am simply offering guidance on where to get PROFESSIONAL non-judgmental support, we do not know this kid from Adam, he may have been wrapped up in cotton wool all his life...he may not have ever had the support or guidance etc. His parents may not know how the work/college system works now as t has changed drastically. Therefore seeking professional guidance is the best place for this young person to go.

Once again folk of today sticking their noses in and being judgmental.

Your actual wording was 'you may get a better response than some folk on this forum!' which was obviously having a 'pop' at some of the critical responses.

You can call us judgmental all you want but until people start to learn that responsibility starts with the individual then I for one will continue and perhaps some people will benefit from our experience !!

I can't believe the comments on here!!??

This guy has come on a forum (something that he's obviously not used to) asking for help getting a job & it's turned into a slagging off session, again.....as usual.

He's training to be a plumber & looking for part time work while he trains.....What's wrong with that? He's putting the effort in, he's using as many search methods as possible!!

One things for sure, he won't be using this forum again!

Archived