Found cat hillsborough

yoda1

It might be an idea to speak to the owner about putting a collar & tag on him or microchipping him (both is better). With no ID it is very common for friendly cats to be mistaken for a lost or abandoned one. Also....if he isn't done already, the owner needs to get him neutered ASAP. I would advise her not to let him out again till he's had the snip. When he gets the urge he'll be off & she may not be so lucky next time in getting him back.

My cat has got a collar on its new so cant remember colour i think its gold or silver but its a glittery flea collar.

Flea collars don't work, they just repel fleas very short term. The only effective flea treatment is frontline which you can now buy at Boots in Sheffield - not cheap but only way to guarantee eradication

Glad to hear that he's not homeless as you first thought though; that's a result as far as I'm concerned.

You really do need to mention putting him in a collar and getting him neutered to your neighbour- even my little feral boy Al, who I can't get into a collar, was being 'adopted' by a neighbour until they found out he is mine (and they only found that out by a circuitous route because he's pure black apart from the inside of his ears, which are white, and they commented about his markings to a mutual friend who knew he was mine) and she'd been feeding him chicken to try to get him into her house before she was informed that as a feral he won't let anybody other than me touch him.

Still, it was well intentioned and better too many people to look after the cat than too few :)

Flea collars don't work, they just repel fleas very short term. The only effective flea treatment is frontline which you can now buy at Boots in Sheffield - not cheap but only way to guarantee eradication

We already use spot on on them both, the flea collar is just to assist and cause they are pretty (daughters words) still doesnt bring my little boy home though.

• 2 weeks later...
how small??? We've lost our cat still no sign :( he's tabby on top and white on bottom, he's quite a chunky cat but not long legged.

did this boy come home?

saw the little tabby and white again today-collar looked sparkly pink with a blue barrel i think, still not close enough to see if boy or girl though

We already use spot on on them both, the flea collar is just to assist and cause they are pretty (daughters words) still doesnt bring my little boy home though.

a few years back some friends were looking after my OHs cat and bought him a flea collar - it burnt his skin (they are so powerful when they are new) and his hair never completely grew back where the collar had been.

We'd never use them on our cats

did this boy come home?

saw the little tabby and white again today-collar looked sparkly pink with a blue barrel i think, still not close enough to see if boy or girl though

My jake hasn't come home but it doesn't sound like his collar, he has a bell on it. :(

a few years back some friends were looking after my OHs cat and bought him a flea collar - it burnt his skin (they are so powerful when they are new) and his hair never completely grew back where the collar had been.

We'd never use them on our cats

We've used flea collars on jake since he was a kitten and his fur is perfectly fine underneath. Savannah seems fine with them too.

Archived