Aid is to to buy arms

Well apart from responding to emergency humanitarian crisis, I'd rather assumed it was spent on infrasrtructure projects like roads, hospitals, and schools,but considering the uproar in the past when some crackpot african dictator gets hold of it and spends it on weapons, I didn't think it was spent knowingly on weapons.

Call me naive, but I really don't want my taxmoney going towards that.

How do you think that we've managed to grow such a big defence industry with BAE Systems becoming the world's third largest defence contractor based upon 2011 revenues? People want us to have a manufacturing industry, and this is one where we are world leaders.

How do you think that we've managed to grow such a big defence industry with BAE Systems becoming the world's third largest defence contractor based upon 2011 revenues? People want us to have a manufacturing industry, and this is one where we are world leaders.

yup lets be proud, we go backwards in everything but lead the world in kill death and murder woohoooooo

I often wonder what the Islamic world made of that appointment. If that's not taking the pee i don't know what is.

Western leader admits he has no interest in history, backs up his mate W in starting war in middle east which is illegal by any normal assessment, makes millions out of spinoffs, shows absolutely no regrets & then gets made 'Peace Envoy'.

Then we wonder why they don't seem particularly keen on us.It's a mystery allright.

So is that how Tony 'Peace envoy to the middle east' Blair is making his millions?

It's notable that since he took that job uprisings and wars have been blowing up all over the region...

Well, you've seen what he did here during his tenure...

...what makes you think he should do any better or worse there? :hihi:

Archived