Las Vegas Shooting

Well, looks like America are quite literally shooting themselves in the foot, 3 dead and another gun related incident, will they ever learn...

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/192256211.html

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) --- Las Vegas police say that at least three people are dead and three people are injured this morning after a shooting and multi-car accident on the Las Vegas Strip near Flamingo Road.

The incident was reported at about 4:20 a.m. this morning.

Both the northbound and southbound lanes of Las Vegas Boulevard are closed in the area.

In addition, the northbound to Flamingo off-ramp from Interstate 15 is closed.

Motorists are advised to take alternate routes.

According to initial reports, there was a shootout between two cars as they drove down the Strip. That shooting then set off a multi-car accident.

Action News has a crew on the way and will update this story with new information as soon as it is available.

Is that pro-rata per head of population? Or actual numbers of guns?

Not sure of the exact figures but I recently saw something about this where they compared the numbers of deaths due to guns in Detroit (USA) and Windsor (Canada). They are only separated by approx 1000 feet of water, but the difference in numbers of deaths per 1000 of the population was huge.

Not sure of the exact figures but I recently saw something about this where they compared the numbers of deaths due to guns in Detroit (USA) and Windsor (Canada). They are only separated by approx 1000 feet of water, but the difference in numbers of deaths per 1000 of the population was huge.

I suppose it's down to a culture thing possibly. Mind you, a comparison with Detroit is maybe a bit harsh. Cos that's a pretty violent place even when there isn't any violence!..hahaha...I've been there!

That's completely irrelevent. It all comes down to demographics. Enough said as I dont want to get banned

That's completely irrelevent. It all comes down to demographics. Enough said as I dont want to get banned

Why would you get banned for having a personal view on a subject? :huh:

Ok, if you're deliberately offensive, or make personal attacks on another member, or post 'inappropriate' content, then yes you're likely to get a holiday, but not for having an opinion.

Demographics? Do you mean more blacks in the USA? Just about all the mass murderers and NRA supporters in the USA seem to be white though.

Detroit and Chicago are plagued by gang problems and shootings. No blue eyed flaxen haired boys in those gangs. Need I say more

There are 300 million in this country. The mass murders are done by a minute segment of society so why is it that Americans are all lumped together in situations like this?

Archived