Is The NHS The Best In The World Anymore?

in my experience when you have a major problem they are excellent, when the problem is less severe, although probably causing you concern, they're not so hot.

I had a triple heart byepass at the northern general in 2008 & i can not speak highly enough of the treatment & staff. the only part of the experience which could have been improved was following discharge when the promised home aftercare failed to materialise.

from speaking to people who have experienced hospital care abroad i have the impression

that the health services in France , Spain & Austria are better.

in my experience when you have a major problem they are excellent, when the problem is less severe, although probably causing you concern, they're not so hot.

I had a triple heart byepass at the northern general in 2008 & i can not speak highly enough of the treatment & staff. the only part of the experience which could have been improved was following discharge when the promised home aftercare failed to materialise.

from speaking to people who have experienced hospital care abroad i have the impression

that the health services in France , Spain & Austria are better.

Probably so but are they free?

When it's good it's very very good when it's bad it's shocking!

Quite true,and there's no excuse for bad nursing practices,some of that may be due to lowering of standards in practical nurse training,as well as low staffing levels and managment reallocation of staff in clinical areas.

The problem of nursing staff shortages is worrying.:roll:

the NHS isn't free. it's one of the biggest employers in the world & costs this country billions every year. That's one of the reasons we get taxed so much.

Free at the point of delivery, that's the important part.

I don't know of any other health systems that are free at the point of delivery.

This is important because when it isn't, people may choose not to see a doctor because they cannot afford it, then die. Or worse.

Well he got your attention didn't he?:hihi::hihi::hihi: And you must have read his other threads

Well said my love :love:

---------- Post added 21-02-2013 at 21:08 ----------

Whats wrong with puerile threads-I think they make a refreshing change form bins,parking and snow?what threads would you endorse?If you were to set a couple running we could post in kind.I imagine they would have a political theme!

Chaps deluded - thank you :)

Free at the point of delivery, that's the important part.

I don't know of any other health systems that are free at the point of delivery.

This is important because when it isn't, people may choose not to see a doctor because they cannot afford it, then die. Or worse.

I think parts of Europe have insurance based systems that are free,and even the USA has free hospitals in some states,but there are some very long waiting lists.They also tend to employ staff that have been struck off etc.

---------- Post added 21-02-2013 at 21:37 ----------

Pretty poor in my experience and light years behind a whole host of countries now.

If you live abroad it is hard to imagine how you have any recent experience,and this renders your comment meaningless I am afraid.

Archived