Is The NHS The Best In The World Anymore?

I have several cousins that work in health care. one in england & two in ireland. the standards are pretty similar in the two countries they tell me. the difference is that in ireland they operate a partly funded private health insurance scheme. if you find yourself unemployed you receive assistance so no one gets left without help.

the matter is confused somewhat by the fact that they get higher wages & lower tax in ireland so the additional cost of medical cover is probably accounted for.

it was agreed during our discussion that both systems are wasteful, but that tends to be my experience of any organisation in the public sector. you get a situation where some staff are overworked & others in the same building are extracting the urine.

I have several cousins that work in health care. one in england & two in ireland. the standards are pretty similar in the two countries they tell me. the difference is that in ireland they operate a partly funded private health insurance scheme. if you find yourself unemployed you receive assistance so no one gets left without help.

the matter is confused somewhat by the fact that they get higher wages & lower tax in ireland so the additional cost of medical cover is probably accounted for.

it was agreed during our discussion that both systems are wasteful, but that tends to be my experience of any organisation in the public sector. you get a situation where some staff are overworked & others in the same building are extracting the urine.

You mean they lack the efficiency displayed by banks and utility providers.

In what way?

In the way the poster referred to has a habit of posting startling reactionary points offering very little by way of persuasion or discussion - much in the same way as someone farts then walks away, leaving the odious smell behind.

In the way the poster referred to has a habit of posting startling reactionary points offering very little by way of persuasion or discussion - much in the same way as someone farts then walks away, leaving the odious smell behind.

Very well said. Now answer the question. Don't attack the person. Agree or not? :)

I think you mean provocative rather than reactionary.Surley posts are there to promote discussion and the best threads leave people with scope to respond in diverse ways.I am sorry so many of your associates are troubled by wind but I would prefer to be kept in the dark about such matters.

Archived