Do you trust David Cameron?

Do you think that he has your interests at heart? Is he like you in any way? Does he struggle to pay his bills? Is it good to have another Etonian PM. Does he understand your problems? IF you think that he does not understand your problems (whatever they may be) , how can he help sort them out?:hihi:

---------- Post added 21-02-2013 at 23:08 ----------

This is not a political thread BTW.:hihi:

Surely the Question should have been "Do you trust ANY politician "?

They are all the same . self serving, liars , snouts in trough ,only in it for themselves and promise you the world when its election time and they want your vote, and then deliver absolutely NOTHING they promised.

It makes me chuckle when people get annoyed at pm's and cabinet ministers, the saying goes with power comes responsibility, well as far as I can see all of these people have been fed the silver spoon their whole life all of them have had whatever they have wanted whenever they wanted it so doesn't really seem to me like they have ever had to learn any responsibility seen as they have had bibs and nappies on their whole life, if they have never had to learn responsibility then how can they handle the power that comes with it ?

It makes me chuckle when people get annoyed at pm's and cabinet ministers, the saying goes with power comes responsibility, well as far as I can see all of these people have been fed the silver spoon their whole life all of them have had whatever they have wanted whenever they wanted it so doesn't really seem to me like they have ever had to learn any responsibility seen as they have had bibs and nappies on their whole life, if they have never had to learn responsibility then how can they handle the power that comes with it ?

Very prosperous people do not have any real responsibility as their inherited wealth takes them far above that level. They merely learn how to control.

Very prosperous people do not have any real responsibility as their inherited wealth takes them far above that level. They merely learn how to control.

Exactly my point how can you control something you have no experience of ?

You wouldn't go for a job as a typhoon fighter pilot unless you had experience in that role, they have no experience of real life or a working life so they are never going to be working for us, only for themselves

Yet people are in disbelief when the stories come out about them helping themselves and dodgy underhand deals, we in fact have over 650 mp's in this country each getting around 70,000 a year and homes paid for and other expenses then we wonder why the country is in debt ?

Has there ever been a female dictator? :)

That's a genuine question.

Indira Ghandi seems to be the most recent as she suspended the Indian parliament for 2 years and ruled alone as a dictator. Others shared power through family relations; http://mypolitikal.com/2012/06/20/a-list-of-female-dictators/

In this country Elizabeth I would have been more powerful at the time than parliament.

In this country Elizabeth I would have been more powerful at the time than parliament.

I wouldn't count monarchy as the same as dictatorship. It's a different form of tyranny.

I've heard Indira Ghandi's name before and always thought she was related to Mahatma Gandhi. I have more reading to do, I think. :)

I wouldn't count monarchy as the same as dictatorship. It's a different form of tyranny.

I've heard Indira Ghandi's name before and always thought she was related to Mahatma Gandhi. I have more reading to do, I think. :)

A shared dictatorship perhaps ?, that way one single person can not be blamed or stopped maybe ?

Exactly my point how can you control something you have no experience of ?

You wouldn't go for a job as a typhoon fighter pilot unless you had experience in that role, they have no experience of real life or a working life so they are never going to be working for us, only for themselves

Yet people are in disbelief when the stories come out about them helping themselves and dodgy underhand deals, we in fact have over 650 mp's in this country each getting around 70,000 a year and homes paid for and other expenses then we wonder why the country is in debt ?

Are you saying that they are a bunch on nancy boy, worthless, incompetent, privileged, etonian, worthless, self satisfied "people"?:love:

There was an interesting survey in yesterday's Independent on this very issue.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-fifth-in-poll-of-pms-of-past-50-years-8498160.html

David Cameron has come equal fifth in a poll which ranks the eight prime ministers of the past 50 years, ahead of only Sir John Major and Gordon Brown.

A ComRes survey for The Independent on Sunday revealed that Margaret Thatcher comes top of premiers since 1964, scoring 23 points more than the current inhabitant of Downing Street.

The two-times Labour PM, Harold Wilson, came second, 10 points ahead of Mr Cameron, while Tony Blair is third on four points. The Prime Minister is beaten even by Sir Edward Heath, the one-term Conservative premier, who is ahead by one point.

James Callaghan scores the same as Mr Cameron, while Sir John Major is four points behind. Last of the league table is Gordon Brown, who is ranked 17 points lower than Mr Cameron.

Archived