Homeopathy Scam - you better off with a G&T

Someone paid £100 for two sessions..1.5 hrs total

tiny sugar pill....something to do with water? They still did not understand what it was...

lot of money for placebo effect....or just ripped off?

They paid £100 for a proper (long) consultation with a practitioner who spend time with them, talked with them and, no doubt, left feeling that they'd been listened to.

They had the choice to pay that and have that consultation, rather than go to an orthodox practitioner (where they would not have had a long consultation).

Personally, I don't rate homeopathy, not in the sense that I'd pay £100 for a consultation, as, having done my research, I've come to the conclusion that it almost certainly does not work.

However, I've also had enough experience of the conventional 'health' system, to totally understand why many would choose homeopathy (I tend to avoid the conventional health system as much as is possible- I just don't substitute homeopathy for it).

I also believe strongly in peoples right to choose, especially when it comes to them choosing which health professionals to see/use.

I also believe in the rights of people, when it comes to their own lives, making choices that others may judge as 'irrational'.

For those reasons, I utterly oppose any attempts to ban homeopathy.

They paid £100 for a proper (long) consultation with a practitioner who spend time with them, talked with them and, no doubt, left feeling that they'd been listened to.

They had the choice to pay that and have that consultation, rather than go to an orthodox practitioner (where they would not have had a long consultation).

Personally, I don't rate homeopathy, not in the sense that I'd pay £100 for a consultation, as, having done my research, I've come to the conclusion that it almost certainly does not work.

However, I've also had enough experience of the conventional 'health' system, to totally understand why many would choose homeopathy (I tend to avoid the conventional health system as much as is possible- I just don't substitute homeopathy for it).

I also believe strongly in peoples right to choose, especially when it comes to them choosing which health professionals to see/use.

I also believe in the rights of people, when it comes to their own lives, making choices that others may judge as 'irrational'.

I don't see any real reason for banning it, but I don't think it should be available from the NHS, there are more important and effective things that need paying for.

I don't see any real reason for banning it, but I don't think it should be available from the NHS, there are more important and effective things that need paying for.

Totally agree.

After all people can choose to pay hundreds of pounds to see a magic pixie and buy a bag a fairy dust if they THINK it makes them feel better. Its their money and their choice.

However, there should be absolutely no reason for these unproven, untested, phoney "Practicioners" to be given any sort of encouragement let alone any kind of public funding from the NHS.

When people are forced to suffer the unjust of the postcode lottery for cancer or other specailist treatments its a disgrace that money and other resources are being diverted to fund this junk.

Research into the possibilities is one thing but to claim it actually is a credible treatment worthy of public funding is just madness.

Nobody tried to or suggested banning it.

They did suggest that the NHS shouldn't pay for it... which makes sense.

Archived