Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Well a few of you recomemnded Brenda Diskin & I have made an appointment to see her - tomorrow in fact.

I have never done this before, and a few of my friends have spooked me to say the least.

What are your thoughts on this... good Idea ? Bad Idea ?

Do you have a contact telephone number for Brenda Diskin I've not see one for a while. I last saw one in Edwinstowe called Jane Armstrong. There used to be one called Pat Thornton in Firth park, sadly she died a few years ago now.

Originally posted by Wattsy

Do you have a contact telephone number for Brenda Diskin I've not see one for a while. I last saw one in Edwinstowe called Jane Armstrong. There used to be one called Pat Thornton in Firth park, sadly she died a few years ago now.

You'll have to email her - her address is at the strat of the thread.

Lindsey

• 2 weeks later...

My mother is a spiritualist and a healer. I myself do not believe in god or anything inanimate, but some of the things that have happened I find it very hard to explain.

However the point of my argument is quite simple.

My mother says that if she ever accepted monies for the use of her powers she would loose them. This has always thrown doubt on what I believe when I see people charging 20 to 30 pounds for a session. Let’s get it right here people who charge for information are running it as a business and as such are purely in it for the profit nothing else.

Sorry peg_leg but have to disagree with you. For some it is a source of income just like any other business. Great artists are excellent but they still charge for the service. Doctors charge for the skill they have. Same goes for most occupations so why not divination? If you have the gift and wish to concentrate on using it to help others, then you still need an income in order to survive.

Paying for readings is ancient - thus crossing the gypsys palm with silver.

It can take a hour to do a reading, so a small charge for the time rather than the actual reading is possibly the best way of thinking about it.

I have met people who are afraid that charging for the use of the gift will result in them losing that ability but that hardly seems more than a psychological block. If someone is afraid of this then perhaps a gift or donation would be more appropriate.

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by the thread in the 'for sale' section. I find it very difficult to give them any kind of credibility. Apart from the obvious questions like 'Why dont they tell us the lotto numbers' etc I get the impression they use and give a lot of very general information, which leaves the person thinking they've been told something that no-one could possibly know.

"Amazing, how did you know I broke a bone as a child" etc.

Anyway - convince me!

I am utterly convinced that they just fool people out of their money. They lead you into things and then work on intelligent guess work, probably watch body language as they start hitting on the right areas and then just say very general things about those areas. Cleverly make people feel they've received good service.

BUT, if people come away feeling better, more confident, whatever, then I don't see a problem with it.