Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

Hello wounder if anyone can help i have heard about a woman who is a spiritualist and she lives on city road called betty allan. Was woundering if anyone has been to see her or if anyone has a contact number for her.

Many thanks faye x

• 2 months later...

... should they give a guarantee just like double glazing companies or car dealers

That would clear out all the charlatans, frauds and the plain deluded and let the ones with real proven supernatural abilities get on with offering messages from beyond the grave or predicting the future.

I suppose it would be impossible to prove they cant see into the future or talk to the dead. They seem to work on the principal of birth, death, marriage and moving house, knowing that at some point everyone experiences these things.

... should they give a guarantee just like double glazing companies or car dealers

That would clear out all the charlatans, frauds and the plain deluded and let the ones with real proven supernatural abilities get on with offering messages from beyond the grave or predicting the future.

While I was walking through a market at Doolin last year, I was walking past a clairvoyant's booth (I've not seen before) and the lady inside asked, "Would you like me to tell you your future?

I replied, "Don't you know?!"

Gan

That idea would have Derek Acorah turning in the grave that used to be his TV career.

The ones who do this legally (ie not from a shed in the back garden, cash in hand :) ) should have to display some kind of warning about the things they say. I can't believe with the culture we have today this hasn't been made compulsory.

We have to be told that a pack of peanuts might contain nuts but not that making life changing decisions because of what a conman told you is not a great idea.

They are required to specify (usually in very small print) that their shows are for entertainment purposes only, unless they can prove that their skills are genuine.

I know of no medium, psychic, ghost hunter or clairvoyant, who does not choose to put down "for entertainment only." Apparently, they don't even believe themselves that they have genuine skills.

All these people should be taken out into the street and shot like dogs. The thought that these people prey on the lonely, grieving and vulnerable is sick.