wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

Physically, wheres the room for further evolution? I cant see much else nature could better on a human's bodily evolution besides intellegence and extra-sensory advance. Who can say Psychic evolution is impossible? Its neither been prooven or un-prooven so far as i can tell.

Physically, wheres the room for further evolution? I cant see much else nature could better on a human's bodily evolution besides intellegence
Are you serious? I don't think you understand what you're talking about. Evolution doesn't need 'room', it just happens.

and extra-sensory advance.
What point is there in even considering this? Why not presume that you're going to evolve an extra penis on your forehead? It is far more likely than evolving 'extra-sensory' abilities (because penis actually exist!).

Who can say Psychic evolution is impossible? Its neither been prooven or un-prooven so far as i can tell.

:rolleyes:

Neither have fairies, or bigfoot, or manbearpig, or werewolfs, or vampires, or zombies. This does not make them worthy of consideration, it just makes them appropriate subject matter for fiction.

Are you serious? I don't think you understand what you're talking about. Evolution doesn't need 'room', it just happens.

Not entirely true, where evolution has never been a prooven fact it can never be, as a theory, fully understood whats involved for a sudden burst in evolution. Improovements in areas lacking in effciency is 'room' in my opinion. Example being going from a stooped over ape to an upright human. Plenty of room for advancements and general improovement there.

What point is there in even considering this? Why not presume that you're going to evolve an extra penis on your forehead? It is far more likely than evolving 'extra-sensory' abilities (because penis actually exist!).

Do you have proof to show these things do not exist besides your own personal opinion? They are neither prooven or un-prooven, but very strong results for both pro and con on the subject.

Neither have fairies, or bigfoot, or manbearpig, or werewolfs, or vampires, or zombies. This does not make them worthy of consideration, it just makes them appropriate subject matter for fiction.

Not sure what your trying to say with that, if you cant see it, hear it or smell it it cant be real? Dogs hear dog whistles because they can hear on a higher frequency then us, does that by your logic mean the sound the whistle makes isnt real because we cannot hear it as a dog does? :rolleyes:

I like to keep an open mind to a lot of things, but also respecting others in having opinions of their own is important to me.

Not entirely true, where evolution has never been a prooven fact it can never be, as a theory, fully understood whats involved for a sudden burst in evolution. Improovements in areas lacking in effciency is 'room' in my opinion. Example being going from a stooped over ape to an upright human. Plenty of room for advancements and general improovement there.

Do you have proof to show these things do not exist besides your own personal opinion? They are neither prooven or un-prooven, but very strong results for both pro and con on the subject.

Not sure what your trying to say with that, if you cant see it, hear it or smell it it cant be real? Dogs hear dog whistles because they can hear on a higher frequency then us, does that by your logic mean the sound the whistle makes isnt real because we cannot hear it as a dog does? :rolleyes:

I like to keep an open mind to a lot of things, but also respecting others in having opinions of their own is important to me.

You're clueless about both biology and evolution.

;6430205']You're clueless about both biology and evolution.

I never claimed to be an expert, im willing to learn if you want to explain in more detail how Evolution is a continual process, adaptive mutation and/or totally random event. Simply stating 'you're clueless' without any kind of explanation in a positive helpfull manner doesnt contribute a hell of a lot in my opinion :|

I never claimed to be an expert, im willing to learn if you want to explain in more detail how Evolution is a continual process, adaptive mutation and/or totally random event. Simply stating 'you're clueless' without any kind of explanation in a positive helpfull manner doesnt contribute a hell of a lot in my opinion :|
For a start you state that evolution isn't a fact when it is. I'm guessing your reason for doing so is because you do not understand what the word theory actually means when used within a scientific context. The terms theory and fact are not mutually exclusive terms...

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

Why is going from a stooped over ape to an upright human an advancement and an improvement?

If you asked a chimp whether that was an improvement he'd probably say 'no'. You appear to be under the illusion that all of life is one big build up to the wonder that is humans. It is not, we are small and insignificant in the grand scheme of life.

What an excellent attitude asking for proof, if only you applied that to your own beliefs. No, I do not have any proof that people can evolve penises on their head. And you do not have any proof that people can evolve 'extra sensory' abilities.

Since there is 0 evidence for both, they are equally likely, therefore my point stands: What point is there in even considering this? Why not presume that you're going to evolve an extra penis on your forehead?

No, I am trying to say that that which is put forward without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dog whistles are not a good analogy because we can measure their effects easily, either with recording equipment or simply by observing the behavior of dogs when you blow them. It would even be possible to use a high speed camera to film the vibrations of the whistle and confirm that it is making a sound.

If dog whistles had no observable effect on dogs, could not be detected by computer audio equipment, and could not be seen to vibrate then your analogy would be more apt, but in those circumstances, a dog whistle would be a useless piece of plastic, undeserving of its name. So it's kind of pointless.