Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

they are all con artists...........entertainment for the gullible :loopy:

Only ignorant people can "definately" state that something 'Supernatural' does or doesn't exist.

Sure, some 'mediums' etc are possibly fakes, some perhaps not. I am someone who once went to a spiritualist church- where obviously, no money changes hands- was conscious beforehand not to give any body language or personal details away etc, and no-one there knew me.

I was told by one chap the name of a person (who i went about- a friend) early on, I denied it, he went on confidently but politely in deeper, exact detail, not generic, about that person, and another family member.

I prefer to keep an open mind. If that was fraud or 'lucky' guessing, so be it.

Sure, some 'mediums' etc are possibly fakes, some perhaps not.

In the same way that some magicians possibly are fakes, and are not really cutting a woman in half, some perhaps are real.

Only ignorant people can "definately" state that something 'Supernatural' does or doesn't exist.

Sure, some 'mediums' etc are possibly fakes, some perhaps not. I am someone who once went to a spiritualist church- where obviously, no money changes hands- was conscious beforehand not to give any body language or personal details away etc, and no-one there knew me.

I was told by one chap the name of a person (who i went about- a friend) early on, I denied it, he went on confidently but politely in deeper, exact detail, not generic, about that person, and another family member.

I prefer to keep an open mind. If that was fraud or 'lucky' guessing, so be it.

I am an ignorant person by your definition. For your premise to work, we would have to accept that when people die, they are still alive in some way and able to contact loved ones through specially designated people known as 'mediums' (who designate themselves).

Has anyone ever had a knock on the door from a medium with a message from a dead loved one? It strikes me as odd that the messages only come when the medium is in the vicinity of the person seeking contact with a dead person.

The James Randi Foundation offers a million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate psychic abilities in a controlled environment. This could be from dowsers, mind readers, psychics or people who communicate with animals. No-one has taken the prize. What does this tell you? That the spirits go awol under controlled conditions?

Have you heard of Occam's Razor? What is the most likely explaination for the presenting outcome, that dead people, ghosts, banshees, spirits are real or that people are guillable (and looking for a contact with a stiff) that trained con artists can exploit?

Derren Brown's programme on clairvoyants was very interesting, and reached a surprising conclusion.

I saw that too ,the guy he made a fool of seemed dodgy to begin with though,i think Derren picked an easy fight.

I'd like to see him up against a more high profile psychic,not that Derick Achora or whatever though he's a bit suspect too(and both are scousers)

Some, (though i struggle to take it serious) seem quite good.

Still the stuff even the best come out with is so vague and pointless(some might say ,like my posts) there seems little point in wasting your money.

My wife went to see one years ago (private) and she came out with some amazing things,but was very old and i would imagine dead herself now.

I'll ask my wife if she can remember her name,maybe you could contact her via ouija board.(not you supersonic,the poster).

I got carried away there

Try the spiritualist churches they have open circle evenings theres one down darnall just round the corner from balfour carpets and theres one down attercliffe on bold street :)

http://www.snu.org.uk/churches/csy.htm

i once went there with one of my mates it went like this=

one night my mate said to me his wife was going to a spiritualist church to see if she could get a message from her mom.after a few jokes he said we should go with her and said it might be a fun night. i agreed to go(only for the beers after).anyway the night came and we went it was the first time my mate and i had been .we sat right at the back behind about 100 ppl we sat there nice and quite just waiting for the action to begin thinking it was all a big joke and it was going to be something to laugh about.

the next thing we knew there was a small woman stood right at the side of us dont know where she came from as we didnt see her walk up she said to us YOU ONLY HERE TO TAKE THE PXXX BUT AT THE END OF THIS YOU WILL THINK DIFFERENT.after hearing this things started to twitch in both of us lol .after about 10 mins of readings i had a funny feeling somebody was watching me then i could see something to my right hand side i didnt know what it was i just knew there was someting there i ignored it and just sat and watched my mate and me were gob smacked then one of the clairvoyants stood straight up pointed at me and asked me to speak. i said hello and this is what she said= yes it you i have had a man with me all day and i cant get him away he has been DANCING or SOMETHING in front of my all the time and now he says hes for you and he has been trying to get your attention for the last half hour all he is saying tell him ITS NOT HIS FAULT.after hearing this i broke down in floods of tears. and she sat down

then another one stood up and said to my mate DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR LAUGHING AT YOU HAVE YOUR GRANDDADS EYES .and she sat down

at the end of the night i asked him what did she mean and he said all his nan nan used to say to him was YOU HAVE YOUR GRANDDADS EYES. now not even his wife knew that so how did they?

and mine was= the last time i saw my granddad was about 12oclock at night something told me to go see him so i did. as i was leaving he was in very high spirits and started to SHADOWBOX and DANCE with we there was some very light playful taps and shoves and i went this was the last time i saw him.

i always blamed myself for his death as what if i didnt go over and see him or what if i didnt wined him up he would still be here.

now i never told anybody how i felt or what i thought so how could a complete stranger?

so in my opinion those at darnall are not fakes

this for me was reassurance and a bit of closure

(sorry it was long)