228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

Thank you mister m

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 22:10 ----------

Alice bb I am sorry I offend you with a kiss..... What may I ask has darkened your heart so ?

Surely you must believe in some path of creation? Or are you all alone in this world ?

Why am I not convinced? :rolleyes:

Maybe cos no-ones trying to convince you?

OP asked a straight question about tarot classes, and is clearly not trying to convert anyone. Unlike you, who seems to wish to display to anyone willing to listen that you consider tarot to be a bit rubbish.

Tarot/divinatory systems are not necessarily 'rubbish'. Carl Jung, founder of analytical psychology, and, highly intelligent, was an advocate of the 'I ching'. Just as many other highly intelligent people make use of tarot, I ching, religion etc, etc in their spiritual lives.

As with most things, tarot can be used stupidly/naively, or, used as they are intended to be used, properly and productively.

Maybe cos no-ones trying to convince you?

OP asked a straight question about tarot classes, and is clearly not trying to convert anyone. Unlike you, who seems to wish to display to anyone willing to listen that you consider tarot to be a bit rubbish.

Tarot/divinatory systems are not necessarily 'rubbish'. Carl Jung, founder of analytical psychology, and, highly intelligent, was an advocate of the 'I ching'. Just as many other highly intelligent people make use of tarot, I ching, religion etc, etc in their spiritual lives.

As with most things, tarot can be used stupidly/naively, or, used as they are intended to be used, properly and productively.

The were intended to be used as playing cards, you know that right?

Hey all

Have recently purchased a new tarot card deck after many years not reading and cards are not talking to me.... Was wondering if anyone knew of tarot card classes in the area

Thanking you

)•(

So you want training classes to teach your cards to talk to you??:confused:

Not exactly...have you ever had that feeling that you know who's is ringing before you see caller id.....ever had a feeling that you should buy a scratch card and you've won etc... Reading cards is much like that, the pictures and symbols contained therein give you a feeling for what they are meaning

Some cards are speaking to me but others the symbols aren't making sense and was wanting a bit of direction.... As it's commonly believed that only psychics read cards... This can be a misnomer and anyone can learn to read the symbols contained in the cards and your inner voice allows you to pick the cards that relate to your questions

Hope this is as clear as mud

[/color]Alice bb I am sorry I offend you with a kiss..... What may I ask has darkened your heart so ?

Surely you must believe in some path of creation? Or are you all alone in this world ?

I'm guessing that you mean some sort of supernatural "path of creation" ?

If so, why are you sure that people must believe in stuff like this?

What makes you think that someone would be all alone in this world if they don't have such a belief?

What makes you think their heart is 'darkened' for not having such a belief?

:suspect:

What makes you think that someone would be all alone in this world if they don't have such a belief?

Quite. It's all tosh!

I absolutely do not believe that we must all follow a supernatural path, I do however think that we all are following a path, be that a path paved by your God depending on your religion, a path of Darwinian principal, a path of alien experimentation or indeed a path whose name we do not know. I also don't believe that people should believe in that which I do, for me it's make sense that we are connected to that in which we live.

The all alone comment was again not meaning that poster is actually all alone because they don't believe as I do, I was meaning do they not tread a path as others do..... Maybe they don't realise they follow something.... But surely there is something that motivates them even if they cannot name it.

And I admit the darkened heart comment was most harsh.....their heart is not darkened because they do not see my way.... I felt they were unduly offended at the x representing a kiss.... Symbolism I was using to show that I feel no Ill towards poster not feeling as I do, but was offended when they did not take it as so.

I am here only to please myself and would not ever dream or contemplate hurting another by my feelings

Not exactly...have you ever had that feeling that you know who's is ringing before you see caller id.....ever had a feeling that you should buy a scratch card and you've won etc...

Yes, it's called coincidence and selection bias (you remember the hits and forget the misses). No doubt you've also thought about someone and then the next moment the phone rings and it's them. On the face of it this may seem eerily spooky of psychic, that is until you consider how many times you think of someone and then they don't call... it will be literally hundreds of times a day that you consistently think of someone and they fail to then call.

What would be far more unusual would be to go through your entire life and such coincidences to never happen. Hell, if you could reliably demonstrate an ability for coincidences to never happen to you you'd have Randy's $million in the bag.

jb