wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

No it really is pretty much exactly like that. Cold reading can seem extremely effective thanks to confirmation bias.

They throw out loads of letters and first names and you forget all the ones that were meaningless, and remember the 'hits'. So afterwards when you look back it seems amazing but that's only because of our selective memories.

My sister was killed in a RTC and a good few years later I went to see a clairvoyant. There is no way he could have known that my sisters fiancé wore her engagement ring on a chain round his neck and that is exactly what he told me, so explain that?!

My sister was killed in a RTC and a good few years later I went to see a clairvoyant. There is no way he could have known that my sisters fiancé wore her engagement ring on a chain round his neck and that is exactly what he told me, so explain that?!

I really don't mean to offend you here, honestly, but the truth is you are probably remembering it wrong.

It's not that uncommon a thing to wear an engagement ring around the neck, and if the 'clairvoyant' threw it out there and you latched on to it that's exactly the kind of thing they thrive on.

All they'd have to say was something vague like 'I see a chain around a loved ones neck' and then after observing your reaction start to throw some colour in to flesh it out.

That literally is exactly how they do it, either that or they are an even worse kind of con artist and they had information on you.

Both of those scenarios are millions of times more likely than your sister surviving death and passing a message on to some random person who probably charged you to deliver it.

My advice to others going to these guys would be to ask if you could record your session, then later you can listen back to it and make a note of how many misses they have compared to hits.

Edited by flamingjimmy

It's fairly normal actually, the trick they pull is getting the person they are 'reading' to divulge enough information to make such a guess.

They quickly move on from incorrect guesses so as to not draw attention to them.

Why can't the non-believers just do one and leave this thread to believers. Fed up of the same old, same old comments coming out. £&@? off elsewhere.

Ya say it's a load of rubbish etc.etc but ya keep taking time out to comment on it

Just do one

Why can't the non-believers just do one and leave this thread to believers.

Because you are being conned and/or lied to.

You asked me a direct question in the vein of 'well how do you explain that then smartarse'. I quickly did respond and did explain it. Now you're throwing your toys out of the pram and telling me to do one.

Don't be so closed minded.

---------- Post added 09-04-2016 at 15:53 ----------

Can anyone recommend a decent clairvoyant please ?

I highly doubt it.

Edited by flamingjimmy

• 4 weeks later...
Lynn brown at foxhill was a good medium not sure if she is still in Sheffield heard she moved but then came back ??

so if any body knows Lynn brown please pm me details

Did you get Lynn Brown's number? If so could you PM it to me please?