wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows any reputable clairvoyants in the Sheffield area. Has anyone had any positive experiences with one, or been impressed by what they said.

I'd be interested in some names, if anyone could recommend somebody.

Thanks

Attercliffe spiritulist church open circle is great. Monday nights at 7.30. xxx

And can highly recommend richard knight he is spot on. He has worked with the police

The police do not approach these charlatans for advice and there is no record of any 'psychic' or 'clairvoyant' ever actually providing any meaningful assistance in any criminal or civil case, ever.

What does happen, however, is people like Richard Knight phone up the police of their own volition and make vague predictions, then go around claiming that they have 'worked with the police'. It's truly despicable and it depresses me that you believe it.

Edit: Also, from an add for 'EVENING OF CLAIRVOYANCE WITH RICHARD KNIGHT': ..."a reading should be for entertainment purposes only":hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by flamingjimmy

The police do not approach these charlatans for advice and there is no record of any 'psychic' or 'clairvoyant' ever actually providing any meaningful assistance in any criminal or civil case, ever.

just noticed this,so just to say

i think you will find that psychics have helped,and have been of assistance.

there has been some cases featured on tv,

just noticed this,so just to say

i think you will find that psychics have helped,and have been of assistance.

there has been some cases featured on tv,

Pretty much nope. Psychics are more of a hindrance than a help to the police. When a psychic helps the police they are doing nothing more than cynically making an effort to self publicise themselves, it disgusts me.

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/police-psychics.html

"Except in the extremely rare case in which a psychic was actually involved in the crime or had apparently received secret information (as from a tip), psychics rarely lead police to concealed bodies or unknown assailants. Of course they may use their own logical skills, or they may benefit from luck or perseverance, but there is no credible scientific evidence that psychic power ever solved a crime. Instead, crimes are invariably solved by police who search crime scenes, interview witnesses, and perform all of the myriad tasks necessary to locate a missing person or to convict a criminal."

"Actually, the case against psychics is worse than just their inability to provide information that actually solves crimes. A far more serious problem exists with regard to the wasted resources of police departments who expend precious time and human activity in following up on a psychic's meaningless "clues." In one instance the Nutley, New Jersey, police spent the whole of an afternoon in digging up a drainage ditch that Dorothy Allison mistakenly thought contained the body of a missing boy. In another case, the fire department pumped the water from the flooded basement of an abandoned building in a fruitless search for a boy's remains that eventually were discovered across town.

Even worse, psychics have wrongfully accused persons of committing crimes, a memorable example being that of Peter Hurkos, "the man with the radar brain," who mistakenly identified an innocent man as the notorious Boston Strangler. These examples answer the question that is often asked by those who defend the use of psychics, "What harm can it do?" Another argument defenders use is that, on occasion, a psychic's pronouncements prompted further search efforts, resulting in the discovery of the missing person's body, even though the psychic did not actually identify the location. But surely police should not have to rely on psychics to urge them to do more thorough work.

In brief, knowledgeable police officials resist the temptation to employ psychics. They know that psychic claims lack any scientific verification and that, in fact, psychics do not solve crimes. No longer should police solve crimes and let publicity-seeking occult pretenders take the credit."

Don't fall for it, they are lying to you!

Heard brenda is very good, i prefer them to come to my house though. And can highly recommend richard knight he is spot on. He has worked with the police , been on gmtv, and johnathen ross and kilroy very good x

So can either of them tell us what happens after we die? If they can't they're fraudsters and should be charged with deception.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a really good (clairvoyant/medium] arond sheffield please?

I need someone who is a true clairvoyant as Ive had a lot of crap going on in my life within the last 4 years, and 1 of the things that happened had been that bad, had resorted in me being but on anti depressant tablets for over 3 years and the moment I wake up, I for a split seccond Im happy thinking it was dream, then i realise it was just a dream.

I dont want to give you all the ins and outs as I dont want to set you all off with boredom.

If you are going to write silly things, then please think before you do, as I am rite on the edge and totally upset.

I thank everybody who has taken the time to read this, and if anyone has any information I will be so thankful.

Im keeping my fingers crossed,

All thee best to each and everyone of you,

Nicola.xxxx :thumbsup: