wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

A couple of pointers: AIRY FAIRY shop on London Road has people who do readings, such as Tarot; also DEMPSEYS Bar near Moorfoot has a clairvoyant occasionally visiting who does group work, but I can't remember her name; Dawn or Colin (Managers) should know if you ask them.

Brian Powell, He is a medium. He has 30 years experience, does rostrum work and private sittings, Would definetly reccomend him. He charges £15 if you come to him and £20 if he comes to you due to travel expences. His number is 07929954372.

how accurate was this guy?

Sorry to break this to you but clairvoyants and spritualists are invariably con-artists. Cold reading is one method used in front of large groups of people (where a highly specific statement is likely to be true for someone in the room). Another is to give readings that are so general they will apply to anyone (hence bev's identical reading which is surely proof of a con)

Watch The enemies of reason by richard dawkins, or the messiah by derren brown, then spend your money more wisely!

Just when I was thinking this would be the FIRST thread where someone doesn't post some hapless comment about the validity of clairvoyants...

Despite the Mod's posting. You didn't actually read the thread, you just wanted to take a pointless stab at clairvoyants.

Genuine or fake, it's not anyone's place to tell another what they do with their money.

Genuine or fake, it's not anyone's place to tell another what they do with their money.

Apart from Parliament, when they introduced the Fraudulent Mediums Act in 51. Shame it's been repealed really. I despise people taking money from grieving people on the lie that they can talk to the dead.

Anyway, on with your discussion. Sorry, I can't help point you in the direction of a good clairvoyant. I can recommend some excellent counselling people though if you're grieving, who can certainly help you?

You didn't actually read the thread, you just wanted to take a pointless stab at clairvoyants.

It is however public spirited (pardon the pun) to warn others against cons, rip-offs and other exploitation of the weak and/or vulnerable.

It is however public spirited (pardon the pun) to warn others against cons, rip-offs and other exploitation of the weak and/or vulnerable.

Funny that because you haven't read this thread with mods note either, just because some people believe does not mean they are weak and vunerable. :loopy:

Yvonne is excellent. Everything she has told me has come true so far. Just now waiting for the rest of the stuff to happen that she predicted for the rest of the year. Saw her about 8 years ago too, and she was spot on with just about everything. The only thing she tends to get wrong is the sex of babies born...or at least, that has been my experience. She is defo worth a visit.