wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

Yvonne is excellent. Everything she has told me has come true so far. Just now waiting for the rest of the stuff to happen that she predicted for the rest of the year. Saw her about 8 years ago too, and she was spot on with just about everything. The only thing she tends to get wrong is the sex of babies born...or at least, that has been my experience. She is defo worth a visit.

Hi can you send me her details please, does she see you on a one to one or does it have to be a group of friends?

thankyou kaz.

She makes an hour's appontment (although I was there longer than that when I went in January), and she charged £30. It is on a one to one basis. She tapes it for you, too, so that you can transcribe what she has said when you are at home. She works from her office at 27 Carter Knowle Rd, and her tel is 258 7164. She will get back to you immediately should you have to leave a message. She is a lovely woman. If you are going on the bus, take the 75 and 76 from the Peace Gardens, and it will stop at the bottom of her road.

Just when I was thinking this would be the FIRST thread where someone doesn't post some hapless comment about the validity of clairvoyants...

Despite the Mod's posting. You didn't actually read the thread, you just wanted to take a pointless stab at clairvoyants.

Genuine or fake, it's not anyone's place to tell another what they do with their money.

Firtsly, i read every post in the thread carefully before posting.

Secondly, 'hapless' means unlucky.

Thirdly, it wasn't 'pointless'. My post had a very clear and (I thought) reasonably argued point: that most 'mediums' are con-artists.

Fourthly, it wasn't a 'stab'. It was politely worded: no expletives or insults.

Fifthly, if I think something on SF is a con I have every right to share my concern.

Lastly, I feel quite strongly about this. This is not trolling. Bev2 recieved an identically worded reading to her sister - how on earth do you explain that other than the 'medium' used age old con that is, unforunately, still widespread today.

I can truly appreciate the scepticism in this thread, it's difficult to ask people to appreciate a concept as nebulous as clairvoyance but as an occultist, clairvoyant and tarot reader I can assure you there is far more to the phenomenon than mere trickery or stage magic. It's true, there are many examples of poor clairvoyants and frauds and if I'm bold some of the names in this thread are prime examples but there are a contingent of individuals who have dedicated themselves to the serious study of a profound concept that is more than 'a few cards and a middle aged woman in a cardigan'.

I have a very full and active client base who return to me time and time again and whilst all of them have experienced the poor side of clairvoyance they did not discount the whole psychic community based one bad experience. We all know how wrong social workers get it time and time again, it doesn't mean there are no such things as social workers. It simply means there are good ones and bad ones, it's all a case of knowing where to look at that will never be the 'free adds' or the back of the Gazette.

I can truly appreciate the scepticism in this thread, it's difficult to ask people to appreciate a concept as nebulous as clairvoyance but as an occultist, clairvoyant and tarot reader I can assure you there is far more to the phenomenon than mere trickery or stage magic. It's true, there are many examples of poor clairvoyants and frauds and if I'm bold some of the names in this thread are prime examples but there are a contingent of individuals who have dedicated themselves to the serious study of a profound concept that is more than 'a few cards and a middle aged woman in a cardigan'.

I have a very full and active client base who return to me time and time again and whilst all of them have experienced the poor side of clairvoyance they did not discount the whole psychic community based one bad experience. We all know how wrong social workers get it time and time again, it doesn't mean there are no such things as social workers. It simply means there are good ones and bad ones, it's all a case of knowing where to look at that will never be the 'free adds' or the back of the Gazette.

Most of us sceptics do not think that all phychics, mediums, tarot readers, dousers, faith healers etc. are all frauds. A lot of them are for sure but I'm also sure that there are many who are not frauds. You for example at least sound very sincere and probably really do believe you have a paranormal ability of some kind. I think you are wrong, and the fact that you have a 'full and active client base' is not evidence that you have these abilities, merely evidence that some people believe that you do.

Your social worker analogy isn't very apt because Social workers don't make any extraordinary claims that are the foundation of the service they perform. Psychics and Clairevoyants do make extraordinary claims upon the truth of which their entire service rests and extraordinary claims require extra-ordinary proof.

• 2 weeks later...

I visited with Yvonne Clapperton several years ago and I found the advice that she gave me to be very useful. Does anybody know if she is still in Sheffield?

FYI: A clairvoyant reading can assist you in your quest to deal with, and heal, life challenges, pain, destructive patterns, etc. they are not there for future predictions. Because it is you who creates your future by choices, you make in present time. Ultimately, you have total freedom of choice when it comes to that future.

• 2 weeks later...