George Galloway

He is a tit, but he seems to be the only politician [/b]around who actually sticks to his beliefs/values even though he is bonkers.

I like how he didn't realise Eylon Aslan-Levy wasn't an Israeli until he actually heard him speak! If he doesn't debate with Israelis then don't turn up.

Also I don't think it is racist really, Israelis aren't a race. It is akin to not debating with a South African during apartheid which lots of countries did never mind individuals.

Still a tit though and his partner in crime Yvonne Ridley is worse!

No there's Nigel too.

Who is arguably more bonkers?

He is a tit, but he seems to be the only politician around who actually sticks to his beliefs/values even though he is bonkers.

I like how he didn't realise Eylon Aslan-Levy wasn't an Israeli until he actually heard him speak! If he doesn't debate with Israelis then don't turn up.

Also I don't think it is racist really, Israelis aren't a race. It is akin to not debating with a South African during apartheid which lots of countries did never mind individuals.

Still a tit though and his partner in crime Yvonne Ridley is worse!

That’s assuming they are his beliefs and not just a means to an end.

What he did was, by definition, racist.

It's completely objective. Whether he is a fundamental racist is open for debate, but that act was absolutely racist.

He did have a good run on Question Time other day though and he seems to be the only one on there who gives proper answers, that's what I like about George.

Not objectively racist at all. I despise George Galloway but I would say that this action of his was objectively not racist. He must have known that a guy called Eylon Aslan-Levy debating Israel was Jewish, and he had been happy to debate with him. His objection was to him being Israeli. If it he had known he was Israeli but only refused to debate with him on discovering he was Jewish, that would have been racist. Therefore, this cannot be racist.

What about when American delegates walk out of the un meetings when the Iranian President Ahmedinnerjacket talks, are they being racist as well?

This is for the posters who are saying Galloway's behaviour is racist.

Not objectively racist at all. I despise George Galloway but I would say that this action of his was objectively not racist. He must have known that a guy called Eylon Aslan-Levy debating Israel was Jewish, and he had been happy to debate with him. His objection was to him being Israeli. If it he had known he was Israeli but only refused to debate with him on discovering he was Jewish, that would have been racist. Therefore, this cannot be racist.

Had the man been called Mohammed al Beit or Mustapha Jamall and also been an Israeli (20 odd percent of Israelis are arabs) would he have refused to talk with him?

No.

So the issue was not Israeli. It was Israeli Jew. So yes it's racist.

Had the man been called Mohammed al Beit or Mustapha Jamall and also been an Israeli (20 odd percent of Israelis are arabs) would he have refused to talk with him?

No.

Possibly. Hard to know without the hypothetical situation described having actually happened. I think he probably is a racist, but don't think this incident is objectively racist.

No.

There is a difference between religion,nationality and race-a difference you seek to erode.

I find what he has done over this dispicable. I'm a firm supporter of ending the occupation of Palestine by the Israelis and I would be happy to debate with anyone this issue. Including people from Israel as thats what democracy and free speech is about.

Not this racist individual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9884829/George-Galloway-storms-out-of-debate-with-Israeli-student.html

I find what he did racist and appaling. Not only that he clearly is not prepared to listen to an alternative point of view.

Glad to see that we arent the only ones with clowns for politicians

Archived