George Galloway

What about when American delegates walk out of the un meetings when the Iranian President Ahmedinnerjacket talks, are they being racist as well?

This is for the posters who are saying Galloway's behaviour is racist.

Unless they're walking out because he's Iranian, then no. I don't believe that any American politician has ever said that they would not debate with an Iranian?

Galloway is an opportunistic bully, a racist thug who earns respect far beyond his worth, in my opinion.

BTW I see the claim that it's not racism if the prejudice is aimed at a nation as opposed to an actual race a lot on this forum. It's a semantic device designed to appease any misgivings certain posters may have towards harbouring such prejudices, in my opinion.

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Source: The United Nations International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination 1966

What about when American delegates walk out of the un meetings when the Iranian President Ahmedinnerjacket talks, are they being racist as well?

lol @ ahmeddinnerjacket

I think there's a massive difference in refusing to debate with official representatives from some state with which you have a quarrel, and refusing to debate with some normal citizen just because he's from that country. The former is a political move, the latter is prejudice.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 11:21 ----------

He is a tit, but he seems to be the only politician around who actually sticks to his beliefs/values even though he is bonkers.

You really buy that?

The man is a pathetic opportunistic hypocritice, I'd be surprised if he had any real beliefs at all other than a firm conviction that mainstream politicians are bad and a determination to attain some small slice of power through whatever means he can.

He pretends to be left wing and refuses to debate with Israelis yet he happily took money from right wing dictatorship's like Sadam Hussein's Iraq.

He saw an opportunity in the anti war movement to get himself a following so he jumped in. Now he sees an opportunity to get himself a following amongst British muslims so he's started pretending to care about them.

It is transparent populism, the man has no values of his own to cling to.

I think there's a massive difference in refusing to debate with official representatives from some state with which you have a quarrel, and refusing to debate with some normal citizen just because he's from that country. The former is a political move, the latter is prejudice.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 11:21 ----------

You really buy that?

The man is a pathetic opportunistic hypocritice, I'd be surprised if he had any real beliefs at all other than a firm conviction that mainstream politicians are bad and a determination to attain some small slice of power through whatever means he can.

He pretends to be left wing and refuses to debate with Israelis yet he happily took money from right wing dictatorship's like Sadam Hussein's Iraq.

He saw an opportunity in the anti war movement to get himself a following so he jumped in. Now he sees an opportunity to get himself a following amongst British muslims so he's started pretending to care about them.

It is transparent populism, the man has no values of his own to cling to.

It would seem quite the opposite.

Plus the last I know Israel held open and democratic elections so their PM is representing the Israeli people, while Iran quite openly stole the votes of many and imposed their holocaust denying puppet president for another term.

Therefore he is not mentioning race,but nationality.

Don't be naive, I'm sure Galloway doesn't have the same problem engaging with Israeli Arabs or Israeli Muslims.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 17:33 ----------

Are the Palestinians represented in the Knesset?

Palestine isn't Israel, so they'd no more have Palestinians (people from Gaza and West Bank) in their Parliament than we'd have French representationin ours. They do however have non-Jewish Israelis in the Knesset that are Christians, Arabs, Muslims, Druze etc.

Archived