How/what is GKR karate?

Jammie

to get this belt yes u have 2 attend seminars but you also have to participate in a 10+ intense lessons to prove you have the control,,techniqe,,and will power to become a sensei ..(instructor)

only then are you given the belt...

2 seminars + 10 intense lessons? ok then!

I have also been to look at one of their classes with a "highly graded instructor". To be brutally honest it was abysmal. When I asked about sparring the instructor (im using this word quite loosely) stated it was no contact, but was very keen to point out that he had broken someone's nose in a tournament, quite contradicting and shows a lack of control and respect for the rules if it was true.

As for the obligatory "black and white" belted 15 year... Just a joke, no skill, or respect, if anything he was making even harder for people to learnt he rubbish they were trying to teach. He also seemed very closed minded, this seems to be common among the GKR'ers for some reason..

Hi all just stumbled on this forum by searching for GKR karate on google as ive just started my daughter and i we also had a knock at the door and there was a man with a GKR tracksuit on i have only attended 2 classes 1 a week and the alarm bells have started to sound by reading this thread i have had no MA training before this is my 1st club i have joined and by all your comments you all seem to ave studied years to achieve ur status the sensai has told me that in 2 weeks which will be 4 lessons i will acheive my yellow belt i thought i was just taking to karate well this will be obtained by a kata using block punch block punch 3 forward punches then in reverse does this sound right that a MA noob like me can obtain a belt within 4 lessons it just seems very quick and by ur comments i think i understand why

Is that a serious comment?

You have to remember that I teach mostly students. There's a surprising number who look a lot like the videos you see of newborn gazelles and the like, legs and arms going everywhere, brain (or at least ears) turned off.

There's certainly no way that they could ever be ready for a grading in 4 sessions, it generally takes 8 - 10 weeks with 2 sessions a week.

You have to remember that I teach mostly students. There's a surprising number who look a lot like the videos you see of newborn gazelles and the like, legs and arms going everywhere...

Genius analogy! I'll have to remember that one :thumbsup: