How/what is GKR karate?

Jammie

glad just seen his thread. My missus just rang me at work saying a GKR karate person had come to the door and will be back later to go through in detail as she knew I had suggested karate in the past. Looks like this will save us some time so thanks:)

Out of interest is 5 yrs old too early to learn karate or another martial art? If not what is the best martial art for a 5 year old to learn and is there a good club where he can go and try it out first (ideally near S11)?

Thanks

glad just seen his thread. My missus just rang me at work saying a GKR karate person had come to the door and will be back later to go through in detail as she knew I had suggested karate in the past. Looks like this will save us some time so thanks:)

Out of interest is 5 yrs old too early to learn karate or another martial art? If not what is the best martial art for a 5 year old to learn and is there a good club where he can go and try it out first (ideally near S11)?

Thanks

Hi we take kids from age 5 at the Forge close to Bramall Lane. We teach Brazilian jiu jitsu. There is also a traditional ju jitsu club at Clifford School on Psalter Lane. If you would like further details PM me. Noel

• 6 months later...
Hi, I think gkr karate is very good i go and my 13 year old daughter goas and we find it very effective :hihi::hihi::hihi::):):)

If that is a serious comment im not sure, You can't say a martial arts is effective really unless you try it out against some 1 unless your going for means other than self defense.

I had a job interview with these "karate pro's" I have done mma for a long time and a job as an instructor sounded great. I turned up had the interview got the job and declinded it. Nothing professional about this club at all, I dare say the founder at real intentions but it has just become another money making scheme. I was promised a black belt after 2 years. Which I probably could have got with good reason, but what about every 1 else with no former mma experience?

GKR IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF B******S IV EVER COME ACROSS!

I was about 15-16 they came to my house all in tracksuite job lot and sold a r8 story to me about how there leaders were u.k champions bla bla bla anyway i signed up (not sure how much it was) and then a fiver a lesson. As for the tutors! One broke into a swet just goin up stairs to the ''do-jo'' (school hall) and the others dint know there left from there right. I got up to my yellow belt / orange tip Wich is just a complete scam pay for belt the lesson plus more because it was a graduation thing and i learnt nothing what so ever. WORST KARATE GROUP EVER! they just ripp you off a kid who was there who was 14 was a brown belt and when i sparrd with him he askd me not to be so ruff!

Bottom line ... Dont join!

Hi, I think gkr karate is very good i go and my 13 year old daughter goas and we find it very effective :hihi::hihi::hihi::):):)

It is probably effective at keeping you out of the pub on Thursday night? And perhaps effective at keeping your 13 year ol;d daughter from hanging around with "undesirables" ?

On the other hand it could be effective at "breaking a sweat" and getting flexible so you can throw a kick at head height and tell all your friends you are going to be the next "Jackie Chan" ?

Effective at fighting?

Errrrm Possibly not to the extent had you chosen one of the more contemporary Martial arts available.

its clubs like these that give karate a bad name, karate is my base art but this GKR is nothing like what we do ,i watched a GKR lesson out of interest & all i can say is the poor lad that was asked to teach didnt have a clue, not his fault as he was only a beginner but whoever pays to learn this must have more money than sense,if you want REAL martial arts train with REAL martial artists, its as simple as that!