Sponsoring a child

Thankyou for all the useful information, I'm wary of all the crooked charities out there and that's why I'm asking for advice.

Also, for those who think 'charity begins at home', I actually do voluntary work and support local charities but think even those in poverty in the UK have so much compared to those in third world countries.

It's given me a lot to think about, thanks.

Thankyou for all the useful information, I'm wary of all the crooked charities out there and that's why I'm asking for advice.

Also, for those who think 'charity begins at home', I actually do voluntary work and support local charities but think even those in poverty in the UK have so much compared to those in third world countries.

It's given me a lot to think about, thanks.

I do agree with that sentiment , I have been and seen 100's of children on the streets on Bulawayo that have nothing apart from the feeding program and very basic care , many of the smaller organizations that work there are over stretched but are doing there best , I worked in a soup kitchen last Novemeber providing street kids with food and very basic medical care , we do have so much to be grateful for here !

I sponsor a child.

I’ve sponsored him for 21 years so far.

I’ve paid for all of his food, clothing and accommodation.

I’ve bought, taxed and insured his car.

I’ve sponsored a large proportion of his degree.

I’ll probably sponsor him when he can’t get a job straight away after he leaves university.

I’ll probably sponsor the deposit for his first house.

And in time, hopefully, I’ll sponsor his kids, my Grandchildren

Well done, you have a pampered child sorry man who will always keep running to you for money. See how the other half live by looking at attached link for a 2 year old girl who through no fault of her own needs to go to the USA for an operation just to be able to walk. Thankfully the very generous people of Sheffield are showing her their unselfish nature to make something you and I take for granted possible:):love:

I sponsor a child.

I’ve sponsored him for 21 years so far.

I’ve paid for all of his food, clothing and accommodation.

I’ve bought, taxed and insured his car.

I’ve sponsored a large proportion of his degree.

I’ll probably sponsor him when he can’t get a job straight away after he leaves university.

I’ll probably sponsor the deposit for his first house.

And in time, hopefully, I’ll sponsor his kids, my Grandchildren

Well done, you have a pampered child sorry man who will always keep running to you for money. See how the other half live by looking at attached link for a 2 year old girl who through no fault of her own needs to go to the USA for an operation just to be able to walk. Thankfully the very generous people of Sheffield are showing her their unselfish nature to make something you and I take for granted possible:):love:

That's because the people of Sheffield & the forum do care & Lillie is a lovely child, very well put :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete x

Archived