Top gear , enough is enough pull the plug

craig12

well top gear started with clarkson , quentin wilson, chris goffey , even noel edmunds , reviewing cars you and i could afford

and 25 yrs later weve gone full circle to some total trash in which its a show reviewing ferraris, maseratis, bugatis,lambourghinis, if youve got a spare £100,000 their reviews may be of interest

stupid waste of a tv programme , pull it and dump all 3 of em

all getting paid for nothing

They have large audience numbers. It might not be to your taste, personally I don't like celebrities dancing or any group of people living in a house, but if people watch it then the BBC or TV Companies will keep making it.

I do like Topgear though, I don't agree with you at all.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 18:53 ----------

revenue

i new there was a catch .money money.money

Revenue means that an awful lot of people disagree with you and like watching it.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 18:57 ----------

To be honest I don't want to see a show researching ford focus and Toyota yaris, I see everyday cars everyday I wanna see bugattis and ferraris being raced through tunnels in the French alps, the whole point is entertainment and they certainly entertain me so go bah humbug about corrie or some of that other tripe on tv as I would rather watch top gear anyway .....

They reviewed an Astra on the last show, and a Focus and an Renault in a group test. £25k cars brand new, 10 - 15 k in a couple of years.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 18:59 ----------

I sometimes catch the last two minutes and am amazed so many adults are besotted by a grizzled ex-public schoolboy who has poor dress sense,reactionary views and very little imagination.They look like they are on an outing from an institution,and seem to be drugged.How much do they get paid for their attendance?

Somebodies got a crush.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 18:59 ----------

Do any of you actually watch it? Last week's mostly featured Astra, Focus, Megane and Cee'd. Hardly supercars.

And the new Mexican sports car (like a more expensive, less effective elise).

And the new Mexican sports car (like a more expensive, less effective elise).

Definitely not very super!

I think this week's has a Range Rover review and then it's a two part Africa special with previously-owned estate cars.

I'd rather watch £100k sports cars going sideways myself :D

I prefer the moderately achievable sports car, they still go sideways and I might be able to buy one one day.

But I do enjoy it when they buy some old car and then drive it to Peru or something.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 19:19 ----------

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201143423971344/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/40000/price-from/20000/make/ferrari/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/s62pa/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

We could all go out and by Ferraris (well, okay, anyone who might ever consider buying a new 5 series could).

But running it would probably cost another 10k a year... And it's not entirely practical.

They always show reasonably priced cars but if I want to look at a reasonably priced car I look out of the window or along the street while I'm out and about, forget those show me the Nissan gtr racing a bullet train across Tokyo, show me a Bugatti racing an aeroplane, show me a Toyota hilux turned into a boat that goes across the channel, got me going now time to race my Bugatti around the mean streets of ...... Need for speed most wanted, sad I know but at least I can't kill myself that way :hihi:

[/color]http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201143423971344/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/40000/price-from/20000/make/ferrari/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/s62pa/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

We could all go out and by Ferraris (well, okay, anyone who might ever consider buying a new 5 series could).

But running it would probably cost another 10k a year... And it's not entirely practical.

Which is presumably why most of them (including the one above) only seem to do a few hundred miles a year. I prefer having something I can actually afford to drive. Now when I win the lottery of course...

Isn't Top Gear the highest syndicated TV show on the BBC, bringing in well over 10x its costs in revenue?

Why kill the golden goose. If you don't like it you could always watch 5th Gear on Five with all the old Top Gear presenters.

Yes, why torture yourself?

Their enthusiasm for whatever they do is mainly the reason I watch - that's if I can

If you don't enjoy anything then watch something else, not rocket science

I sometimes catch the last two minutes and am amazed so many adults are besotted by a grizzled ex-public schoolboy who has poor dress sense,reactionary views and very little imagination.They look like they are on an outing from an institution,and seem to be drugged.How much do they get paid for their attendance?

God you are indeed a bitter individual :hihi:

Did you take the wrong turn at the crossroads of life?? and end up in miserableland :rolleyes:

Because people like Clarkson? He has been on TV now for 20+ years.

They get paid enough but then the show earns its own money so they can be paid what they like.

Meanwhile us license fee payers are paying more money to prop up crap that is served up on BBC 3. Which in the space of a decade has only ever produced 3 or 4 half decent shows.

I was describing James May-Clarkson is my hero.

I actually enjoy them reviewing cars like you mentioned, it shows how far company's like Bugatti and Ferrari have actually come in producing the worlds fastest cars. Also the challenges they take on are epic.

Plus, I think most motor heads prefer to watch that rather than Bargain Hunt.

I prefer the moderately achievable sports car, they still go sideways and I might be able to buy one one day.

But I do enjoy it when they buy some old car and then drive it to Peru or something.

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 19:19 ----------

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201143423971344/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/40000/price-from/20000/make/ferrari/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/s62pa/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

I thought Matchbox had gone into liquidation?

Archived