S.w.f.c v crystal palace

Gazza58

Think I'd be inclined to give JJ a start in place of Antoio & bring him on for last half an hour.As for Lliera,both him & Gardener are all left foot and thats why he hoofs it,usually with his right.If you watch him when he plays on his favoured left side he finds a team mate 9 times out of 10.To me his only weaknessis his pace,but he usually compensates with his reading of the game.

Llera's tackle, as Palace were running at our defence (on about 30 mins - just before the Kieran Lee chance) was as good a tackle as you'll see anywhere this weekend IMO (not to dissimilar to the famous Bobby Moore/Pele one).

It's no coincidence that when we were going through out bad patch at the start of the season Llera wasn't featuring in general.

Llera's tackle, as Palace were running at our defence (on about 30 mins - just before the Kieran Lee chance) was as good a tackle as you'll see anywhere this weekend IMO (not to dissimilar to the famous Bobby Moore/Pele one).

It's no coincidence that when we were going through out bad patch at the start of the season Llera wasn't featuring in general.

To be fair Frank, none of Wednesday's better performing old boys were playing either. The vast majority were DJ's poorer signings, or decent Jones signings playing poorly.

But I agree with you, I'm a massive Llera fan. He knows how to treat the English second tier teams. If he was playing at a higher level, or back in his native Spain, I reckon he'd be a lot more cultured. Wacking it is not his natural game I'm sure, but he knows what he's doing (mostly) when he's doing it. Jones disliked Llera immensely when he arrived at S6. Llera's won him over.

Gardner's proving he's a decent centre half now. He looked pretty poor when he arrived. That just tells me that things weren't tickety boo at Hillsborough around that period. I've always liked Coke, and I knew he was a better player than he showed lots of times before in a Wednesday shirt.

If this current lot all play to their full potential, we've got a cracking team to look forward to.

THAT'S if we can hold on to them all.

To be fair Frank, none of Wednesday's better performing old boys were playing either. The vast majority were DJ's poorer signings, or decent Jones signings playing poorly.

But I agree with you, I'm a massive Llera fan. He knows how to treat the English second tier teams. If he was playing at a higher level, or back in his native Spain, I reckon he'd be a lot more cultured. Wacking it is not his natural game I'm sure, but he knows what he's doing (mostly) when he's doing it. Jones disliked Llera immensely when he arrived at S6. Llera's won him over.

Gardner's proving he's a decent centre half now. He looked pretty poor when he arrived. That just tells me that things weren't tickety boo at Hillsborough around that period. I've always liked Coke, and I knew he was a better player than he showed lots of times before in a Wednesday shirt.

If this current lot all play to their full potential, we've got a cracking team to look forward to.

THAT'S if we can hold on to them all.

:thumbsup:

Have to totally disagree about Llera, his overall game is very poor, OK he can win a header but isn't that a centre halves job ???

His distribution is awful, last weekend against Palace nearly every attack the Londoners had came from boots from Llera or him giving the ball away.

Him not being offered a new contract in my opinion shows that he's just a stop gap till we can get a centre half who can settle on the ball which is needed in the championship, Gardener has got him out of a few scrapes lately actually...

It just shows how different people see different games, or different performances from an individual, but Hey, we're all Wednesday aren't we? :thumbsup:

If you asked the fans for a starting X1, 25,000 would probably choose 40 different teams between 'em.

It's what makes this game what it is.

I'm also hoping we burst Davies' bubble.

COYBAWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::banana:

It just shows how different people see different games, or different performances from an individual, but Hey, we're all Wednesday aren't we? :thumbsup:

COYBAWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::banana:

Er HM NO WE'RE NOT, and stop plagurising our sayings by changing a letter :hihi:

COYRAWW the original & the best

Er HM NO WE'RE NOT, and stop plagurising our sayings by changing a letter :hihi:

COYRAWW the original & the best

The individuals involved in that little Llera discussion, ARE all Wednesday, so I'm afraid I was spot on.

Original what?

Everything you've got was stolen, or aqquired from Wednesday along the way?

Ground and nickname to name but two.

You further divided a City, then called yourselves United.

Your lot don't know what 'United' means obviously.

To help you, it doesn't mean 'create a parting of the masses'. ;)

When Wednesday divided Sheffield from Sheffield F.C, we at least were educated enough to not call ourselves United.

We're all Sheffield aren't we? :thumbsup:

The individuals involved in that little Llera discussion, ARE all Wednesday, so I'm afraid I was spot on.

Original what?

Everything you've got was stolen, or aqquired from Wednesday along the way?

Ground and nickname to name but two.

You further divided a City, then called yourselves United.

Your lot don't know what 'United' means obviously.

To help you, it doesn't mean 'create a parting of the masses'. ;)

When Wednesday divided Sheffield from Sheffield F.C, we at least were educated enough to not call ourselves United.

We're all Sheffield aren't we? :thumbsup:

The Wednesday never divided from Sheffield fc they left Sheffield United cricket club who took part of their gate revenue for allowing them to use the ground, so you see United have been at the Lane since the day it opened and it was wednesday who left and divided the city later buying a ground not even in the city limits at that time.

We're all Sheffield NOW aren't we? but only United have always been that way.;);):thumbsup:.

I said Wednesday divided Sheffield ............. meaning NOT from any other team. We just divided the supporters.

The red lot came along, and divided the FOOTBALL support even further.

Thereby UNITING Sheffield :hihi::loopy::hihi:

Great, a three way split unites the city. You couldn't make it up.

Sheffield FC, the original, but not the best.

I said Wednesday divided Sheffield ............. meaning NOT from any other team. We just divided the supporters.

The red lot came along, and divided the FOOTBALL support even further.

Thereby UNITING Sheffield :hihi::loopy::hihi:

Great, a three way split unites the city. You couldn't make it up.

Sheffield FC, the original, but not the best.

No you didn't read your post.

Archived