Bye Bye AAA rating

I wouldn't have thought so, I used them to highlight GB's supper huge error. :)

You're right. It is permitted.

There are different colors to play with too.

I realised my mistake, a couple of the other forums I go on don't permit it.

How would things been different if any other political party had been in charge in 2008?

I have no idea how the time line would have been affected with a different party in government.

Obviously Gordon Brown wouldn’t have had the opportunity to boast about saving the world, claiming there would be no more boom and bust, and that house prices wouldn’t be allowed to run out of control.

A different party might not have sold the gold off cheaply, they might not have allowed the housing bubble to inflate, they might have saved for a rainy day.

I have no idea how the time line would have been affected with a different party in government.

Obviously Gordon Brown wouldn’t have had the opportunity to boast about saving the world, claiming there would be no more boom and bust, and that house prices wouldn’t be allowed to run out of control.

A different party might not have sold the gold off cheaply, they might not have allowed the housing bubble to inflate, they might have saved for a rainy day.

Maybe, maybe not. Lets not forget that the administration previous to the Labour one allowed an unsustainable housing bubble, flogged off utilities at a cheap price, and squandered the revenue of North Sea Oil.

It just seems to me that all 3 main parties are still wedded to the same ideology that got us into the brown stuff, and has ill served the majority of the people over the last 30 years.

I think there is recognition of this in all parties, but unfortunatley they cannot yet see a way forward.

Maybe, maybe not. Lets not forget that the administration previous to the Labour one allowed an unsustainable housing bubble, flogged off utilities at a cheap price, and squandered the revenue of North Sea Oil.

It just seems to me that all 3 main parties are still wedded to the same ideology that got us into the brown stuff, and has ill served the majority of the people over the last 30 years.

I think there is recognition of this in all parties, but unfortunatley they cannot yet see a way forward.

Have you seen what's happened in the Italian elections?

Unprecedented protest vote. They've elected a comedian...

Could the same thing happen here?

Have you seen what's happened in the Italian elections?

Unprecedented protest vote. They've elected a comedian...

Could the same thing happen here?

I haven't seen the results of the Italian elections, although Berlusconi was deeply corrupt - makes our MPs look like paragons of virtue by comparison.

I do get sick and tired of hearing politicians talk about how they are going ameliorate the worst aspects of neo liberaism; and out do each other in the managerial stakes. It's a cop out and insipid.

I think people in this country will get so angry that as protest they will elect a Screaming Lord Such character. I wouldn't blame them either.

Incidentally, on the lunchtime news there was an item broadcast from outside a big government building. The reporter was having to shout over the noise coming from what sounded like a massive protest meeting. You couldn't see anything it on screen or hear what they were shouting and reporter made no mention of it.

Does anybody know what it was?

The similarity of the parties is a key point. Neoliberal ideology with a veneer of whatever is used to define a party with voters

Labour and Tories also more than happy to continue waging wars.

Thatcher was happy when Blair got elected - tells you all you need to know.

Archived