Bye Bye AAA rating

Nail & Head immediately spring to mind !!!!

Top post !!

I've just returned from a week in Greece. Visit there if you want to see the results of a government's attempts to spend it's way out of debt by borrowing money, but wear a hard hat if you do.

I've just returned from a week in Greece. Visit there if you want to see the results of a government's attempts to spend it's way out of debt by borrowing money, but wear a hard hat if you do.

That’s why the country is in a mess, people spending their dosh in Greece when they should be spending it in Cleethorpes. :D

So after returning from holiday in Greece you confirm my comment.

I also wasn't aware that we were trying to spend our way out of debt !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expat owl

Nail & Head immediately spring to mind !!!!

Top post !!

And I suppose you think the austerity measures currently being put in place in Greece are helping it's people? Wages slashed, jobs gone, schools closing etc etc. Sometimes the so called cure is worse than the disease.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

And I suppose you think the austerity measures currently being put in place in Greece are helping it's people? Wages slashed, jobs gone, schools closing etc etc. Sometimes the so called cure is worse than the disease.

Whilst the cure might be more painful than the disease, the decease will eventually kill them if not cured.

It's worth pointing out of course that the UK would have lost its AAA rating much sooner had it ploughed on with the kind of manic spending practiced by wee Jock McClown.

And of course, let us not forget this choice pre-election promise.

Alistair Darling: we will cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher

Thinktank warns of 'two parliaments of pain' with spending slashed by 25% to repair black hole in finances

'Two parliaments of pain'.

The problem with George Osborne is that there hasn't been enough pain. He's just tinkering round the edges.

Bond Apocalypse approaching fast

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

So what would be your solution to the Greek dept crisis? Mine would be to not have spent too much in the first place. EU rules state a country's debt should not exceed 40% of GDP. What a pity for Osbourne that that wasn't the case when Darling handed over the reigns.

It's worth pointing out of course that the UK would have lost its AAA rating much sooner had it ploughed on with the kind of manic spending practiced by wee Jock McClown.

And of course, let us not forget this choice pre-election promise.

Alistair Darling: we will cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher

'Two parliaments of pain'.

The problem with George Osborne is that there hasn't been enough pain. He's just tinkering round the edges.

Bond Apocalypse approaching fast

I agree.

There is always pain fixing the economy after labour leave office, this time they had much longer to ruin it so more pain was inevitable.

Archived