Bye Bye AAA rating

its not an experiment, its the same process used by the majority of other effected countries.

The only countries left with their AAA rating are Germany and Canada, and they are also looking to be downgraded.

No other country set out to do the same as us. No other country planned to eliminate their deficit in 5 years. No other country ramped up taxes like we did. No other country slashed capital and infrastructure spending like we did. No other country relied on a bzarre ideological belief that the private sector would step in ad the public sector was rolled back. It's the failure of the private sector to step in and generate growth that has directly caused the Osborne plan to fail

Yes the austerity policies have failed in Europe as well but nobody has been as stupid ads Osborne.

i wonder how long its going to take them to turnaround this mess when they get kicked out :hihi:

That’s a problem, five years to fix thirteen years of labour isn’t enough, but if they haven’t fixed it I can see people giving labour the opportunity to screw it up even more.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 14:44 ----------

No other country set out to do the same as us. No other country planned to eliminate their deficit in 5 years. No other country ramped up taxes like we did. No other country slashed capital and infrastructure spending like we did. No other country relied on a bzarre ideological belief that the private sector would step in ad the public sector was rolled back. It's the failure of the private sector to step in and generate growth that has directly caused the Osborne plan to fail.

Yes the austerity policies have failed in Europe as well but nobody had been as stupid ad Osborne.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 14:41 ----------

No other country set out to do the same as us. No other country planned to eliminate their deficit in 5 years. No other country ramped up taxes like we did. No other country slashed capital and infrastructure spending like we did. No other country relied on a bzarre ideological belief that the private sector would step in ad the public sector was rolled back. It's the failure of the private sector to step in and generate growth that has directly caused the Osborne plan to fail

Yes the austerity policies have failed in Europe as well but nobody has been as stupid ads Osborne.

Saying it twice doesn't make it right. :D

Whilst the cure might be more painful than the disease, the decease will eventually kill them if not cured.

Every time the Greeks get a bailout they take on more debt.

I thought you believed that debt cannot be solved with more debt

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 14:49 ----------

That’s a problem, five years to fix thirteen years of labour isn’t enough, but if they haven’t fixed it I can see people giving labour the opportunity to screw it up even more.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 14:44 ----------

Saying it twice doesn't make it right. :D

Blinkin smartphones. :)

What’s it cost us?

There are more people in work.

People are still cueing up to have their cars washed.

The shops are still full of people buying stuff.

The roads are still full of traffic.

Who is actually worse off because the economy isn’t growing.

I don’t live in a wealthy area and I don’t see anyone going without, people can still afford to buy food, cloth their kids, drive their cars.

Lots of people are worse off.

In a way you're right to point out that not everybody suffers in a deep recession. The important thing is how many do and is the number of people impacted at a level that society can cope with.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 14:55 ----------

I don't think it can and Greece is demonstrating that nicely but they have little choice.

Osborne is increasing our debt. How does Osborne think we can get out of debt by taking on more debt?

I don't think it can and Greece is demonstrating that nicely but they have little choice.

The Greeks are planning on getting out of debt by having their debts written off. Its nice if you can get away with it. The trouble is their debts are increasing faster than their benefactors are writing them off.

The Greeks are planning on getting out of debt by having their debts written off. Its nice if you can get away with it. The trouble is their debts are increasing faster than their benefactors are writing them off.

At least we can print the pound into oblivion. Bad news for people who need to buy trivial items such as food.

Archived