Salary to live in Manchester

Hi,

I live in India, got an job offer in Manchester UK. They offer me a 3k pounds a month. I need to know,

1. Whether this salary is good to live in Manchester with family (2 adults and one kid)

2. I need to save minimum 1200 pound a month after all my expenses there, is it possible?

3. How much tax and other deduction will be there on every month and how much I will get in hand out of 3k.

Please help me by clarifying the above points.

Thanks.

Hi Yes it's definitely possible for 2 adults and 1 kid to living on a salary that you will get. Remember that you will be recieving substantially more than the UK average wage which is about £26k pa.

Whether you can save £1200 pm depends on your outgoings and how frugally you're prepared to live.

As for your 3rd point, there are numerous tax calculators on the web which will give you a an indication of the tax & NI you'll be paying.

Good luck!

perhaps the manchester forum would be better?

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 11:06 ----------

Hi,

I live in India, got an job offer in Manchester UK. They offer me a 3k pounds a month. I need to know,

1. Whether this salary is good to live in Manchester with family (2 adults and one kid)

2. I need to save minimum 1200 pound a month after all my expenses there, is it possible?

3. How much tax and other deduction will be there on every month and how much I will get in hand out of 3k.

Please help me by clarifying the above points.

Thanks.

Write to the employers and they will tel you-did this not come up at the interview?What part of India do you live in?Do you know Srinegar in Jammuu?

You may also be eligable for tax credits or child benefit

Yeah 3k per month child tax credits are necessary aren't they :loopy:

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 11:08 ----------

perhaps the manchester forum would be better?

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 11:06 ----------

Write to the employers and they will tel you-did this not come up at the interview?What part of India do you live in?Do you know Srinegar in Jammuu?

Oh the green eyes of envy are glowing :hihi:

£3000 per month will equate to approx £2,275 per month after tax. Not sure what other benefits you may be entitled to (why anybody would get any benefits with a take home in excess of £2k is absolutely beyond me) but if you need to save £1200 per month you'll be left with £1000 to cover housing costs, bills, food, etc, etc