Salary to live in Manchester

Hi,

I live in India, got an job offer in Manchester UK. They offer me a 3k pounds a month. I need to know,

1. Whether this salary is good to live in Manchester with family (2 adults and one kid)

2. I need to save minimum 1200 pound a month after all my expenses there, is it possible?

3. How much tax and other deduction will be there on every month and how much I will get in hand out of 3k.

Please help me by clarifying the above points.

Thanks.

I'm sniffing something rather fishy here.;)

Can I assume you are familiar with us Dutchies? the best way to pronounce it is: Tim ;) I need to alter my signature again

Correct, they are still very strict on it though, so make sure you get all that right, it can be a nightmare.

Travel-cost might shock you a bit especially trains, so depending on where you come from and go to, make sure you check the prices. However, Manchester (like Sheffield) has a decent tram-system and buses galore.

Pirogi, You will encounter a lot of this, Brits don't realise how well the economy here is doing at the moment, fairly sure it will be the same where you are from.

The train services within greater Manchester are subsidised by GMPTE so actually quite cheap. A day return is comparable to the tram.

Once again, thanx every one for yr answers! :) I now know my mminimum wage in negotiations should be over 26k.. although better to say more at first anyway.

P.S. 1200 monthly is ALOT to save... 14,4k anualy... think yr family would need a salary of over 40k for that..

---------- Post added 15-11-2014 at 20:11 ----------

..and what if yiou had to compare the cost of living in Manchester to Sheffield?

I haven't heard from the Manchester company since the interview, so I guess they found someone on the spot, but I have found 2 job offers in Sheffield. Will aply. fingers crodssed plz. :)