The truth about exercise.

Good (or bad) food and sensible exercise effects everyone in different ways.

I could eat no end of the wrong food and not put on an ounce.

I do a modest amount of exercise and again don't put on an ounce.

Some people may have an illness or a medical condtion which either limits the amount of execise one can do or affects their weight whatever they do.

What a load of tosh gym-rat!! No amount of exercise will correct a poor diet? If you were to eat the 'wrong' foods but stick within the calorie requirements whether you are male or female and exercise regularly you would still be fit and healthy. It is excessive calorie consumption that is the problem in most cases. If I ate 4000 calories a day of baked potatoes, grilled chicken, salad, low fat yoghurt, lean meat and all the other good food you are supposed to eat, I would still gain weight because I would be exceeding the calories necessary for weight maintainance.

No amount of the correct diet will correct a lack of exercise. The two go hand in hand, but exercise is more beneficial than the correct diet.

Disagree. Fitness and being healthy is 90% diet.

All calories are not made equal.

Diet won't make you fit (or 90% fit) if you don't do any exercise.

Are you confusing slim with fit?

If you wanted a fitness model body say, It's 90% diet.

If you want to compete in elite sports It's also heavily weighted towards diet.

Of course you have to put the work in. You can be fit and heavier but It's diet that gives the edge. Otherwise It's genetics keeping you slim if diet sucks.

You disagree?

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 16:39 ----------

And all calories are not created equal. If you are constantly spiking insulin with simple sugars and processed foods it will ultimately lead to weight gain and decreased performance no matter If kept to normal calorie intake.

I found that running shorter, faster runs, seemed to translate directly (and quite quickly) into running faster at longer distance as well.

Sounds like you got fitter?

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 16:59 ----------

Good (or bad) food and sensible exercise effects everyone in different ways.

I could eat no end of the wrong food and not put on an ounce.

I do a modest amount of exercise and again don't put on an ounce.

Some people may have an illness or a medical condtion which either limits the amount of execise one can do or affects their weight whatever they do.

True, but obesity as a result of illness or a medical condition is not usually the reason why people are overweight. Obesity is mainly caused by eating too much food and too much of the wrong types of food and taking little or no exercise.

At the time of Coe and Ovett going head to head, I think I recall reading that they had very different training regimes – one based on weight training and sprinting, the other based on consistent mileage. I can’t remember which was which. Also, I’ve probably oversimplified it.

I imagine Ovett was the runner,bearing in mind that he ended his career running 5, and 10,000 metres at international levels while Coe ran for Falmouth.

What a load of tosh gym-rat!! No amount of exercise will correct a poor diet? If you were to eat the 'wrong' foods but stick within the calorie requirements whether you are male or female and exercise regularly you would still be fit and healthy. It is excessive calorie consumption that is the problem in most cases. If I ate 4000 calories a day of baked potatoes, grilled chicken, salad, low fat yoghurt, lean meat and all the other good food you are supposed to eat, I would still gain weight because I would be exceeding the calories necessary for weight maintainance.

No amount of the correct diet will correct a lack of exercise. The two go hand in hand, but exercise is more beneficial than the correct diet.

so your saying the programme is wrong - your thinking is exactly the outdated theory that the programme debunks.

Archived