Crazy daisy nightclub

matty71

I used to work the Saturday afternoon shift there as well as Monday to Saturday evenings.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 20:36 ----------

It was daisy not Daizy

see link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Daisy_Nightclub

If you look at the pic on that link it used to be where the gt news is now

I also remember them being to to clean the kitchens up or they would be closed down .Steve cheetham and myself spent all day sunday and into Monday morning scraping the walls down,

I'm sure I remember it with a "z", and there's this http://www.humanleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=42748 which saya "Brilliant photos Pauline. Very, very jealous. THE actual Crazy Daizy sign. Wow. " and this http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/e3sa934/Do%20It%20Thissen/crazydaizy2.jpg.

Wikipedia says it was "z" originally, and changed to "s" later.

I used to work the Saturday afternoon shift there as well as Monday to Saturday evenings.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 20:36 ----------

The sign above the door said Daizy. Wikipedia's only as good as the input. Neil Anderson's "Dirty Stop Out's guide to the 70s" shows a good foto of it!

I'm sure I remember it with a "z", and there's this http://www.humanleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=42748 which saya "Brilliant photos Pauline. Very, very jealous. THE actual Crazy Daizy sign. Wow. " and this http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/e3sa934/Do%20It%20Thissen/crazydaizy2.jpg.

Wikipedia says it was "z" originally, and changed to "s" later.

must have changed before I worked there but it doesn`t really matter it was a good place to be ,I remember going in early through the back entrance and catching Jamison pulling his trousers up and a woman running out .I walked into the staff room and he came in all red faced and said you didn't see anything did you I said hey if that's what you want to do feel free and he turned round to see his wife had just heard what he said lolololol .we just sat ther laughing but I felt real sorry for his wife as she was a very nice lady ...........x

must have changed before I worked there but it doesn`t really matter it was a good place to be ,I remember going in early through the back entrance and catching Jamison pulling his trousers up and a woman running out .I walked into the staff room and he came in all red faced and said you didn't see anything did you I said hey if that's what you want to do feel free and he turned round to see his wife had just heard what he said lolololol .we just sat ther laughing but I felt real sorry for his wife as she was a very nice lady ...........x

I worked at Turnups for him, like you say a dirtbag, never had any time for the bullying piece of sh*t!

Is that the Ian Wiliams who was a nu romantic dresser and died of a drugs overdose, Brother of Martin Williams and came off Gleadless Valley.

I was wondering the same. Ian was a bit of a mixed up kid (due to drug use). I understand he worked for the Human League for a while. Do you remember Denise and Dawn off Gleadless Valley?

I worked at Turnups for him, like you say a dirtbag, never had any time for the bullying piece of sh*t!

You will know Steve Cheetham then .I spoke to him just recently as it was if we were back at the Daisy lolol.\\\\steve had funny names for everyone I know the person who worked in the kitchen Of the Mulberry Tavern he nicked named the soup dragon and I was called Her waddieness (I wont go into why I was called that) and Id best not say what Jamison was called either lololololol:o:o:o

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 13:50 ----------

There was a nice young man called Les who used to be the Bar Manager in the Lazy Daisy sometime in the 70s.

He must have been there before me as the Bar Manager was Steve Hill when I was there.............x

I remember the soup dragon, dark haired woman made pies like concrete!!!!Also (from the Mulberry) Moondust the barmaid, Little Pete, Steve Cheetham, Chuck Charlesworth, Bomber Graham, Walter Clayton.Mark Hudson, went on to become Yorkie Smith in the Bill. Landlord was Mick Lee, no messing in those days!!!!!

You will know Steve Cheetham then .I spoke to him just recently as it was if we were back at the Daisy lolol.\\\\steve had funny names for everyone I know the person who worked in the kitchen Of the Mulberry Tavern he nicked named the soup dragon and I was called Her waddieness (I wont go into why I was called that) and Id best not say what Jamison was called either lololololol:o:o:o

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 13:50 ----------

He must have been there before me as the Bar Manager was Steve Hill when I was there.............x

Archived